Do I have cruise or not?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Do I have cruise or not?

Post by Andy Beats »

Leif wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:48 pm
The link you have posted is from a company that is selling them. And it is one sample. Then again you have past experience of thinking that all cars of a given make and model can be judged from a sample of one. :roll:

Some more examples from a UK EV forum.

Renault Zoe, 177000 miles and 77% battery health.
Another Renault Zoe at 48000 miles and 98% health (yes I know 46000 miles isn't much, but 98% health is actually as good as new)
Leaf at 177000 miles and 77% health.

It's interesting one of the links you attached got their Leaf battery loss figures from the USA.
There are examples of early Leafs in 'hot states' suffering accelerated battery degradation if the cars are left parked in blazing sun all the time.
As far as I know, later models addressed this.
That hardly applies to the UK, they get stuff like dashboards cracking from the sun.....
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Can I just say Andy, about members accusing you of abusing people in the forum. I don't find you abusing me personally, it goes straight over my head.
Some members, who throw out these accusations that you are abusing other members :roll: They want to work in a factory with female workers, they wouldn't last a day.
When I first joined this forum, there were the set crew who thought they were the bees knees, as they had owned multi VW in the past they, didn't like what I said and more than likely the way I said it. Two of them, maybe three blocked me, so when I post they don't see my posts, unless a member high lights my post, then they can see my posts. If this gets high lighted and they see this post, they will go running to a moderator and report me :roll:

To be honest Andy, I don't think your going to get many takers in test driving an EV, I couldn't be @rsed for a start I'm very happy with my Polo :D
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

silverhairs wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:52 pm Can I just say Andy, about members accusing you of abusing people in the forum. I don't find you abusing me personally, it goes straight over my head.
Some members, who throw out these accusations that you are abusing other members :roll: They want to work in a factory with female workers, they wouldn't last a day.
When I first joined this forum, there were the set crew who thought they were the bees knees, as they had owned multi VW in the past they, didn't like what I said and more than likely the way I said it. Two of them, maybe three blocked me, so when I post they don't see my posts, unless a member high lights my post, then they can see my posts. If this gets high lighted and they see this post, they will go running to a moderator and report me :roll:
The posts clearly aren't abusive, just misconstruing use of the word 'you'
His username makes me wonder if English is his second language, and I don't mean any offence in that at all.
I can understand reluctance to test drive an EV.
After all, what would you do if you really liked and it made you realise how backward ICE cars are.... :shock:
Best avoid the risk. :lol:
clive_bridger
New

Re: Do I have cruise or not?sb

Post by clive_bridger »

Absolutely agree, what a complete waste of time, my last car had cruise, and I like you thought my Polo SEL had it, wrong, just the stupid limiter, actually thought about getting shot, it’s that bad.
CallumN70
New
Drives: Looking to buy

Post by CallumN70 »

I am looking at buying a 2018-2021 used Polo and I am genuinely astounded at the lack of cruise control on these newer models. I have come across more 2013-2017 Polo's with it.

As someone who does long motorway journeys a lot is it pretty much a deal breaker so now considering an older model just to get it.