Tiredness indicator

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Tiredness indicator

Post by monkeyhanger »

Andy Beats wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:07 am I find the exact opposite with cruise, I find it makes me more attentive to what's going on around me, compared with constantly looking at a speedo and having to adjust speed.
Active cruise is a step too far, tried it and REALLY don't like it.
You do have to be aware with standard cruise so you don't try to drive through a car doing 60 when you're doing 70. I find cruise (active or not) just so disengaging as a driver. Ave speed camera zones is the only place I'll use it, and even then, only on stretches longer than 3 or 4 miles.

I have a feel for the car and know what speed it's doing given revs and what gear it's in (+/- 1 or 2 mph). Took a while to feel it in the new Polo rather than the Golf.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

I spend around two and half hours commuting each day, and predominantly use the car as a tool to do so, largely on Motorways. I find Adaptive Cruise Control brilliant and invaluable and would say that it's active over 90% of the time. I do enjoy driver involvement and manual operation of all controls when I can, but for me the driver aids including blind spot monitoring and ACC make the majority of the time I spend in my car much more relaxing.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

roywolfey wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:11 pm I spend around two and half hours commuting each day, and predominantly use the car as a tool to do so, largely on Motorways. I find Adaptive Cruise Control brilliant and invaluable and would say that it's active over 90% of the time. I do enjoy driver involvement and manual operation of all controls when I can, but for me the driver aids including blind spot monitoring and ACC make the majority of the time I spend in my car much more relaxing.
Until I read your post, I thought I was the only one who liked the ACC, also I like the rear camera and the blind spot monitoring :D .