Stupid car

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Stupid car

Post by Andy Beats »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:04 pm You can of course settle your finance at any given time (usually copping for 2 months penalty interest) and buy the car outright.
Penalties?
No penalties on last two cars I've settled PCP on.
The settlement figures were a good bit less than the outstanding balance.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

silverhairs wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:06 pm Mini :?: I thought it was the Leaf :?: was the car to have :lol:
I haven't liked any car since the Mini.
'Like' as in wanting to spend time with it/on it for no reason.
Mindless tinkering, driving for the sake of it.
Yes yes yes we all know you wouldn't ever like an electric car blablablabla (without ever actually even trying one)
You've shown you're a massive technophobe, you make my 73 year old mother seem like a geek. :D
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Post by Kittycat »

At the moment the only thing going for this car is
It’s brand new, and nice spec inside and the payments per month are really cheap
Other then that I would prefer to get a diesel A3
However putting me off is I would have to get a car a year old (18 plate) and trade in my brand new car
I would make a loss
And having to put another deposit down, was hoping for a holiday and would the payments be more per month and fuel so would I technically be worse off
Decisions decisions
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

Kittycat wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:43 pm At the moment the only thing going for this car is
It’s brand new, and nice spec inside and the payments per month are really cheap
However putting me off is I would have to get a car a year old (18 plate) and trade in my brand new car
I would make a loss
And having to put another deposit down, was hoping for a holiday and would the payments be more per month and fuel so would I technically be worse off
Decisions decisions
If you hate a car, sometimes worth the financial pain to save your mental health.
I'll just suffer mine for now.
It's debatable whether I need a new car at all for my paltry commute, I'm not adding to debt to get rid of it.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Andy Beats wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:09 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:04 pm You can of course settle your finance at any given time (usually copping for 2 months penalty interest) and buy the car outright.
Penalties?
No penalties on last two cars I've settled PCP on.
The settlement figures were a good bit less than the outstanding balance.
The settlement figures are kess than the "outstanding balance" because you save some interest by settling early. Every month of your PCP, some of the payment is interest and some is capital. In the early days of your PCP, you're paying far more interest than the last few months. If you settle 2 years into your 3 year PCP, you'll be saving the last year's worth of interest on the capital (usually minus 2 years penalty interest - most of the car finance companies and banks for bank loans do this, including VWFS, Honda finance, Ford Finance, Lloyds, Barclays).
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Andy Beats wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:54 pm
Kittycat wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:43 pm At the moment the only thing going for this car is
I would make a loss
Decisions decisions
If you hate a car, sometimes worth the financial pain to save your mental health.
I'll just suffer mine for now.
It's debatable whether I need a new car at all for my paltry commute, I'm not adding to debt to get rid of it.

Why go into more debit just to have a 2018 motor sitting on their drive, when a 2013 motor that you could pay cash for, would suffice and do the "paltry commute" just as well?
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

silverhairs wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:33 pm Why go into more debit just to have a 2018 motor sitting on their drive, when a 2013 motor that you could pay cash for, would suffice and do the "paltry commute" just as well?
If you'd read the post properly, I've already said it's debatable whether I need a new car at all.
What's your point?
And how do you know if I could pay for a 2013 car cash?
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

I rest my case :lol:
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

silverhairs wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:38 pm I rest my case :lol:
You don't have a case to rest.
You're just rambling.