Album art to the foreground

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Re: Album art to the foreground

Post by Adam_013 »

SRGTD wrote:The Beats model isn’t available with the 115ps version of the 1.0 litre petrol engine. Engine options for the Beats model are;
- Petrol; 1.0 litre with 65ps or 80ps output
- Diesel; 1.6 litre producing 80ps.

If you want 115ps, then it’s the SEL or R-Line.
It was available at a time... As can be seen below from Mr carbikeman

But as VW like to do, what you can and can't have seems to change daily [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

You will be kissing your drivetrain warranty goodbye with a tune or chip, but from an insurance point of view As long as they're aware and adjust your premium according to your perceived additional risk, you'll have no worries with your coverage if you do have a smash.

I have the Nav built in, but only because it was already part of the optioned spec of the car I picked. Considering that the hardware is already there, it's £650 for an SD card loded with the maps, with access to updates for only 3 years. Not sure how much they charge thereafter to keep you updated. I've used it twice. No way I'd have specced it on an order of my own, and our white GTI+ won't be coming with it.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Andy Beats wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:27 pm
silverhairs wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:21 pm So your Polo doesn't have a sat nav built in :) Bit like the cruise control :?: You purchased the Beats just because it had a better base built in, and white leatherette seats (they do look nice though, I'll give you that) and it's only got the 95 BHP engine :( . Don't throw good money after bad and fit a chip just to make it a better engine.
You have an accident and your car is in the compound, you cannot get to it, and the insurance assessor looks over the car, (their not stupid), and finds you have chipped the engine, your insurance will and should refuse to pay you out and damages. That's the law.
If you wanted the extra power, should have got the 115 BHP engine

Are you drunk?
I didn't think it had satnav, I didn't want satnav, anyone who pays for factory satnav these days is a mug IMO
So why even mention it?
As for the power of the engine, maybe I would have gone for the 115bhp if they'd had one in stock
But, unlike you, I'm not willing to wait months for a run-of-the-mill car. :lol:
I've also had DSG before and wouldn't have it again if you paid me.
I'm not even sure if they do the beats version in 115bhp, I wouldn't want the fuddy-duddy SE/SEL version just to have the more powerful engine.
Sorry to upset you :) . but calling people who have inbuilt sat nav's a mug was not called for :shock:

There's only one mug in this forum and that's you, who had to ask the forum if your car had cruise control :oops: . I've been called many names and "mug" is not in my top 100 :) End of subject
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:12 pm You will be kissing your drivetrain warranty goodbye with a tune or chip, but from an insurance point of view As long as they're aware and adjust your premium according to your perceived additional risk, you'll have no worries with your coverage if you do have a smash.

I have the Nav built in, but only because it was already part of the optioned spec of the car I picked. Considering that the hardware is already there, it's £650 for an SD card loded with the maps, with access to updates for only 3 years. Not sure how much they charge thereafter to keep you updated. I've used it twice. No way I'd have specced it on an order of my own, and our white GTI+ won't be coming with it.
Surely the maps are free updates for life like on the golfs? They're the same system no? I don't use factory maps either, I prefer Carplay and Waze ( which is Google maps overlaid with live person updates )
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Willni wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:48 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:12 pm You will be kissing your drivetrain warranty goodbye with a tune or chip, but from an insurance point of view As long as they're aware and adjust your premium according to your perceived additional risk, you'll have no worries with your coverage if you do have a smash.

Surely the maps are free updates for life like on the golfs? They're the same system no? I don't use factory maps either, I prefer Carplay and Waze ( which is Google maps overlaid with live person updates )
You might be right, I have just read the description in the options list in the brochure. Among it all they say 3 years car net subscription, which I may have misinterpreted for map updates. Wonder how much they'll want for car net after 3 years?
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:11 pm
Willni wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:48 pm

You might be right, I have just read the description in the options list in the brochure. Among it all they say 3 years car net subscription, which I may have misinterpreted for map updates. Wonder how much they'll want for car net after 3 years?
You just take the SD card and update them yourself on VW's website. I just registered my car net last night, I wasn't told there was any fee for it. Don't think I'll use it, it just sends map data from your phone to your car sat nav at least in my car ( https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology ... to-car-net ). BMW's 'Connected Drive' starts at £79 up to £399 a year, the £399 one being the one that only offers Carplay...

All a bit unnecessary really would rather having servicing info and book servicing through car net...and a proper traction control button but that's another issue.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

With the Polo it's free updates for the first three years :!:
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:50 pm Sorry to upset you :) . but calling people who have inbuilt sat nav's a mug was not called for :shock:
I'm entitled to think they're mugs if I like.
Use 'out of touch' if you prefer.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Andy Beats wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:54 am
silverhairs wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:50 pm Sorry to upset you :) . but calling people who have inbuilt sat nav's a mug was not called for :shock:
I'm entitled to think they're mugs if I like.
Use 'out of touch' if you prefer.
The Nav works well enough, without having to involve your mobile phone, it's just a matter of opinion how much it is worth to you to have the integration. On the assumption that the hardware is already there (can't confirm), £650 is a lot of money for a loaded SD card, access to updates and integration. That is my opinion. I have it on my car because it was already on an allocation grab car, and the cost to me was £569, a little easier to stomach. Mainly I grabbed that car to avoid waiting a year for a fresh order - are people mugs who wait a year for a Polo? VW don't seem to mind making people wait that long. VW also don't seem to mind knowingly selling cars that are not fit for purpose (transporting 5 people safely), and not informing those customers that it is unsafe to have 3 in the back before the fix that they didn't even tell you about. Nor did they care that people were forced to register their car within a month of new plate day because they'd been slacking off on WLTP compliance preparations...We are all mugs - but I do think my car is great.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:55 pm The Nav works well enough, without having to involve your mobile phone, it's just a matter of opinion how much it is worth to you to have the integration. On the assumption that the hardware is already there (can't confirm), £650 is a lot of money for a loaded SD card, access to updates and integration. That is my opinion. I have it on my car because it was already on an allocation grab car, and the cost to me was £569, a little easier to stomach. Mainly I grabbed that car to avoid waiting a year for a fresh order - are people mugs who wait a year for a Polo? VW don't seem to mind making people wait that long. VW also don't seem to mind knowingly selling cars that are not fit for purpose (transporting 5 people safely), and not informing those customers that it is unsafe to have 3 in the back before the fix that they didn't even tell you about. Nor did they care that people were forced to register their car within a month of new plate day because they'd been slacking off on WLTP compliance preparations...We are all mugs - but I do think my car is great.
There's a difference between your scenario and actively specifying Satnav.
You didn't pay for the satnav, per se, you paid an extra £569 to get the car quick.
IMHO, anyone who specifies satnav when their car has Apple play/Android connect is guilty of being clueless, at the very least. :?
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

"Clueless" about 150th on my "Don't call me names, just because it might upset me" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cruise control comes to mind :idea:
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

silverhairs wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:58 pm "Clueless" about 150th on my "Don't call me names, just because it might upset me" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cruise control comes to mind :idea:
"all Micras have the same engine" :lol: :lol:
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

But I didn't buy a Micra, but you purchased a Polo without cruise control :roll:
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

silverhairs wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:07 pm But I didn't buy a Micra, but you purchased a Polo without cruise control :roll:
Neither up nor down about it, didn't buy it as a long distance car.
You, however, have spent £XXX on satnav that is easily bettered by a free app and will cost you to keep updated in the future.
Christ, the wife's Sportage came with satnav as part of the standard spec 14 months ago and it's already out of date, not recognising bypasses around Aberdeen and Glasgow!
Will I be updating it...?
Will I f....
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Post by Adam_013 »

As much as built-in satnav is expensive I personally would prefer it simply due to the integration. Being able to listen to the radio and still have the directions flash up without having to be on the Android Auto screen.

Its a 'meh' thing. I would spec it specifically, but I'd rather use that than android auto.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk