Any modified Polo's???

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
atlanta98
New
Drives: 2018 GTI

Re: Any modified Polo's???

Post by atlanta98 »

Dyl_dank wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:05 pm Hey everyone, I'm in Melbourne Australia and I've got a reef blue GTI (tried to attach a pic but couldn't work it out sorry lol)
I've installed an MST intake, CTS larger turbo inlet elbow, GFB DV, and today managed to make a BSH MK7 GTI downpipe fit (connection to turbo is fine, the issue is with the hangers not meeting up with the Polo's mounting bracket)
A local tuner by the name of Underground Performance are custom dyno tuning it next week (they just tuned a stock AW GTI and managed 37kw atw as well as 100Nm more)
If anyones interested in seeing my car or contacting me hit up my insta @dylarnz
I'm in Melbourne too, with a Reef Blue AW which is still stock (only had it for a month).

Let me know how the UP dyno tune goes please, those figures you have quoted seem exceptional for a stock engine

cheers
Dyl_dank
New
Drives: AW GTI

Post by Dyl_dank »

@atlanta98 mine ended up making just under 174kw at the wheels
fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Post by fazzy »

Dyl_dank wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:30 am @atlanta98 mine ended up making just under 174kw at the wheels
Wow... :) That's probably around 280 HP, which would be about 40% increase in power and that's BEFORE a remap... or did you actually do a remap?
What power did you have at the wheels before the mods?
Let's see the dyno graph :)
J+silva
Bronze Member
Drives: polo conf.

Post by J+silva »

I install the reverse led and to my surprise no code is needed it has no error.

J+silva wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:06 am Hi,does anyone know how to code the reverse light lamp to leds I would like to change it.
Thanks
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Looks like there's finally a proper tuning box solution for the Polo GTI AW with Gen 3b of the EA888 engine, a JB4 unit from Burgersports:-

https://www.mlperformance.co.uk/collect ... assat-polo

With 22 months remaining on my warranty, I wouldn't have the bottle to order one of these yet, unless I was sure that the unit was untraceable for the purposes of warranty (I would undoubtedly declare it to my insurer). The link doesn't tell me of specific gains for the GTI (the unit is suitable for multiple engines of similar type), I suppose i'd have to ask.

The last time I had a tuning box was on my 2013 Golf GTD MK7, and at the time, they were considered untraceable 184ps and 380Nm to 240ps and 505Nm. The car pulled in 6th like stock did in 4th, to put the gains into perspective.

It is easier to up diesel power - you can add more fuel in with no thought to causing pinking/knocking. For our Gen 3b EA888, I suppose the tuners have to leave the low end alone to allow the car to operate on Budack cycle under low loads without knocking due to the increased effective compression ratio, and only fettle the car's performance when not running the Budack cycle.
R15KXK
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 1.0 tsi 95

Post by R15KXK »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:06 pm Looks like there's finally a proper tuning box solution for the Polo GTI AW with Gen 3b of the EA888 engine, a JB4 unit from Burgersports:-

https://www.mlperformance.co.uk/collect ... assat-polo

With 22 months remaining on my warranty, I wouldn't have the bottle to order one of these yet, unless I was sure that the unit was untraceable for the purposes of warranty (I would undoubtedly declare it to my insurer). The link doesn't tell me of specific gains for the GTI (the unit is suitable for multiple engines of similar type), I suppose i'd have to ask.

The last time I had a tuning box was on my 2013 Golf GTD MK7, and at the time, they were considered untraceable 184ps and 380Nm to 240ps and 505Nm. The car pulled in 6th like stock did in 4th, to put the gains into perspective.

It is easier to up diesel power - you can add more fuel in with no thought to causing pinking/knocking. For our Gen 3b EA888, I suppose the tuners have to leave the low end alone to allow the car to operate on Budack cycle under low loads without knocking due to the increased effective compression ratio, and only fettle the car's performance when not running the Budack cycle.
Have you heard of TrueTune by -SATuning, one of my friends has the box with stage 1 remap. He's had no problems as far as I am aware as you can flash the files back to stock. He even took it into vw a couple time for work which was still covered by warrenty
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

^ Depends on the nature of the warranty work as to where VW go poking around looking for signs of modification. Blown turbo or engine trouble? They'll submit a full ECU scan to VW central in Germany for interpretation. If your radio is iffy, not so much.

I did read a thorough guide on VW adaptation detection on the Golf GTI forum a while back that claimed some of the better boxes should be removed and then the battery disconnected for 30 mins to remove the accumulated ogging of temporary sensor data that builds up but is not stored by the ECU itself. It seemed plausible - it was a detailed read.

Back to the Burgersports JB4 - customer services responded to me. They expect about 30whp (35ps as the flywheel) power and 40ft lb (about 54Nm) torque gains. Seems a little low/cautious as they were saying in development that the intercooler limited potential gains to 250ps without heat issues. They are supposed to be an excellent box though.
R15KXK
Getting There!

Post by R15KXK »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:56 am ^ Depends on the nature of the warranty work as to where VW go poking around looking for signs of modification. Blown turbo or engine trouble? They'll submit a full ECU scan to VW central in Germany for interpretation. If your radio is iffy, not so much.

I did read a thorough guide on VW adaptation detection on the Golf GTI forum a while back that claimed some of the better boxes should be removed and then the battery disconnected for 30 mins to remove the accumulated ogging of temporary sensor data that builds up but is not stored by the ECU itself. It seemed plausible - it was a detailed read.

Back to the Burgersports JB4 - customer services responded to me. They expect about 30whp (35ps as the flywheel) power and 40ft lb (about 54Nm) torque gains. Seems a little low/cautious as they were saying in development that the intercooler limited potential gains to 250ps without heat issues. They are supposed to be an excellent box though.
Not sure if it was a blown turbo, but they did replace the turbo due to it making weird noises and not giving the power it should
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

^ So you had the box/remap on, developed a dodgy turbo and had it taken out, with VW replacing the turbo?

I've had 2 duff turbos in my time, and both were for a dodgy actuator (the turbo simply refused to try and spool up). Maybe on something so black and white as that, they'd not dig deep to find signs of modification, as opposed to catastrophic failure from being potentially pushed too hard.
R15KXK
Getting There!

Post by R15KXK »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:01 pm ^ So you had the box/remap on, developed a dodgy turbo and had it taken out, with VW replacing the turbo?

I've had 2 duff turbos in my time, and both were for a dodgy actuator (the turbo simply refused to try and spool up). Maybe on something so black and white as that, they'd not dig deep to find signs of modification, as opposed to catastrophic failure from being potentially pushed too hard.
Wasn't myself but my mate yeag
peter007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2018

Post by peter007 »

So, long time no see.

Recently I finally put full exhaust on my Polo, with decat downpipe, added cts turbo inlet pipe, remapped engine and gearbox, and now the output is 270HP and 470Nm on 4th gear.

Next mod is Wavetrac lsd and IS38 turbo for next season.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

peter007 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:43 pm Next mod is Wavetrac lsd and IS38 turbo for next season.
Nice, would love to see how you go with your next mods. Do wavetrac do a LSD for this car? cannot seem to find much about them in terms of capability as I was looking only last week about aftermarket LSD installs.

Regarding putting in a bigger turbo will you be doing any supporting cooling mods?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Would love an LSD to minimise tramping more than anything else.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Has the Milltek exhaust been approved?

https://www.millteksport.com/resonated- ... 505mp.html
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Post by mjsaville »

peter007 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:43 pm So, long time no see.

Recently I finally put full exhaust on my Polo, with decat downpipe, added cts turbo inlet pipe, remapped engine and gearbox, and now the output is 270HP and 470Nm on 4th gear.

Next mod is Wavetrac lsd and IS38 turbo for next season.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
Looks brilliant with the lights on.... MJ