Parts to buy

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Re: Parts to buy

Post by mike sel »

Question, does this padded armrest ratchet to different levels (heights)? or is it like the one that comes on the Polo as standard does it simply lift or close all the way?
NathanPeter
New
Drives: 2019 SE Tech Edition

Post by NathanPeter »

I’ve seen the rear wing extension on the R-line model, any idea where you could get this part from?
CP_Vaughny
New
Drives: R-Line 2019

Post by CP_Vaughny »

I’m after some bits too but, just cosmetics, black VW badges for front and back.
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

CP_Vaughny wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:40 pm I’m after some bits too but, just cosmetics, black VW badges for front and back.
I doubt you will be able to get a black front VW badge as it has the radar in it for the emergency braking assist (and ACC if you car has it), I doubt it would be easy\cheap for a 3rd party to make a black one. The rear one should be pretty easy to wrap or Plastidip black.
Last edited by Griff74 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NathanPeter
New
Drives: 2019 SE Tech Edition

Post by NathanPeter »

CP_Vaughny wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:40 pm I’m after some bits too but, just cosmetics, black VW badges for front and back.
You could even take it to somewhere local that does vinyl wraps and they could simply wrap the badge. I’m having my wing mirror covers and the black piece of plastic at the bottom of the rear bumper wrapped in carbon fibre and windows tinted. Just trying to find that R Line Rear Wing extension to really make it look the part but can’t fine one anywhere at all
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Post by Adam_013 »

NathanPeter wrote:
You could even take it to somewhere local that does vinyl wraps and they could simply wrap the badge. I’m having my wing mirror covers and the black piece of plastic at the bottom of the rear bumper wrapped in carbon fibre and windows tinted. Just trying to find that R Line Rear Wing extension to really make it look the part but can’t fine one anywhere at all
VW sell it

Couple of hundred quid I believe and comes black.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ashleyman
New
Drives: Car

Post by ashleyman »

Does anyone have the part number for the Polo AID and surround?
CP_Vaughny
New
Drives: R-Line 2019

Post by CP_Vaughny »

Griff74 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:46 pm
I doubt you will be able to get a black front VW badge as it has the radar in it for the emergency braking assist (and ACC if you car has it), I doubt it would be easy\cheap for a 3rd party to make a black one. The rear one should be pretty easy to wrap or Plastidip black.
I did wonder this too, large parts of the badge is black already so as long as it made with similar plastics is should be doable but like you said, too much bother or too much money.
Scotty_boy vw
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C 1ltr TSI/2018 1ltr TSI AW

Post by Scotty_boy vw »

ashleyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:33 pm Does anyone have the part number for the Polo AID and surround?
Cost me £275 and went onto back order.

3.5 weeks later....finally

Scott
ashleyman
New
Drives: Car

Post by ashleyman »

Scotty_boy vw wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:30 pm
ashleyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:33 pm Does anyone have the part number for the Polo AID and surround?
Cost me £275 and went onto back order.

3.5 weeks later....finally

Scott
Any chance you could share the part numbers for the display and the trim piece?

There doesn't seem to be much online about these parts yet.