Newbie saying hi and thinking of ordering a GTi+

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Newbie saying hi and thinking of ordering a GTi+

Post by Griff74 »

Hi all, just signed up (can't find a new person\welcome thread?)
I started looking around at the weekend for a replacement for my 2016 Leon SC FR 1.8tsi DSG, my intention was to go for a nearly new 7.5 Golf GTi DSG but after see the prices of them after a year or more and the lack of decent PCP deals, I have discovered I can have a brand new "standard" Polo GTi for less than I am paying for my Leon and a GTi+ in the spec I want for not much more, also a nice surprise to myself was that I actually have some equity in my Leon to put towards it (plus much less deposit than I put down on my Leon over 2 years ago).
I know about the silly wait times on the GTi but my local dealer has a few of them in the order queue and says he can get me one much quicker than the 40+ weeks current lead time and spec'd how I want.

I had been saying that I want a car in an actual colour this time (Leon is black, NEVER again!) so was thinking of the blue (I don't like solid red) but after seeing pics of them in pure white, with the brescia's and black pack I think that is what I will go for, plus climate control in a GTi+.

Just now waiting until they can get one in for me to test drive, they have one coming in a few weeks that was a customer order but they got them one in the spec\colour they wanted a few months ago and so want to keep this one as a demo as they have not managed to have one yet! Failing that one of the sales guys has a base white one for his wife that he said he will bring in for me to drive.

So hopefully all going well I will (at some unspecified point in the future) become the owner of a new Polo GTi+.
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Re: Newbie saying hi and thinking of ordering a GTi+

Post by steeve »

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new on here too, and still waiting for my Gti plus, I managed to get a cancelled order which is in transit...
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

Thanks for the welcome, hope you get yours soon!

I have been offered a GTi+ that is going in to production next week (or thereabouts) but its blue (not a deal breaker) but has lots of options I don't want (Art Velours, reversing camera and a couple of other bits) and only 1 I do (brescia's) and no climate, as it is now order locked I said no.

I don't mind waiting a couple of months once I order but I want a confirmed spot up the queue before I commit, plus I want a good test drive first.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Welcome to the forum mate!

My GTI+ is due to be built next week. I originally ordered a pure white GTI but my dealer offered me a cancelled GTI+ (Pure White, Black pack). Think that put me ahead in the queue which was a massive bonus.

The car looks stunning on the configurtor. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for yours.

From what others have said on here it's worth the wait. :)
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

S_94 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:42 pm Welcome to the forum mate!

My GTI+ is due to be built next week. I originally ordered a pure white GTI but my dealer offered me a cancelled GTI+ (Pure White, Black pack). Think that put me ahead in the queue which was a massive bonus.

The car looks stunning on the configurtor. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for yours.

Thanks for the welcome, not long until your GTi is an actual car on it's way to you!!

Can I ask how long you have been waiting?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Griff74 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:17 pm Thanks for the welcome, hope you get yours soon!

I have been offered a GTi+ that is going in to production next week (or thereabouts) but its blue (not a deal breaker) but has lots of options I don't want (Art Velours, reversing camera and a couple of other bits) and only 1 I do (brescia's) and no climate, as it is now order locked I said no.

I don't mind waiting a couple of months once I order but I want a confirmed spot up the queue before I commit, plus I want a good test drive first.
Think you did the right thing there - not a fan of the art Velours- the standard tartan adds a lot of character to the interior, and it's expensive for what it is. Seems nearly everyone looking at a GTI is opting for a plus, with Brescias.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Goodness, coincedence or what. I also had a black Seat Leon, looked great for about 5 minutes after each wash & polish then it always looked like I done the WRC in it (!), and in the nearish future will also looking at either a Golf 7.5, Golf Mk8 or a Polo. I've been on 4 years PCP for a few cars, and always end a year or so early as while I'm not rich by any means I do get bored easily and though it costs me a few quid to cancel or change early well, it works for me. Hopefully Polo availability will be improved at change time, until then I'm quite open-minded what I end up with, but I almost certainly will change early. As I always says; 'you pays yer money and makes yer choice', life is too short to be misreable so choose the car / deal which will make you happiest. Good luck....
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:22 pm Think you did the right thing there - not a fan of the art Velours- the standard tartan adds a lot of character to the interior, and it's expensive for what it is. Seems nearly everyone looking at a GTI is opting for a plus, with Brescias.
Yeah it doesn't look good, the Arts in the Golf is much nicer but even then I'd rather have the plaid trim, plus the Arts means you loose the sportier bucket type seats.

GTi+ seems like a no brainer to me, is a bargain and Bresicias are a cheap upgrade IMO, they just look so right.
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

stevereeves wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:50 pm Goodness, coincedence or what. I also had a black Seat Leon, looked great for about 5 minutes after each wash & polish then it always looked like I done the WRC in it (!), and in the nearish future will also looking at either a Golf 7.5, Golf Mk8 or a Polo. I've been on 4 years PCP for a few cars, and always end a year or so early as while I'm not rich by any means I do get bored easily and though it costs me a few quid to cancel or change early well, it works for me. Hopefully Polo availability will be improved at change time, until then I'm quite open-minded what I end up with, but I almost certainly will change early. As I always says; 'you pays yer money and makes yer choice', life is too short to be misreable so choose the car / deal which will make you happiest. Good luck....
Yeah, I have just about given up now on the Leon, too much effort and heartache with the black paintwork. I like to keep my cars clean and looking good, I have a professional detail done on them twice a year, full decontamination, paintwork correct and sealed and then I either clean them myself (2 bucket method, snow foam, no nasty chemicals etc) or get them washed by my detailer or one decent hand car wash I know who are much more careful than the £5 a wash guys, doesn't matter how careful I am after a few weeks and washes it always looks like it's been driven thru a bush in direct sunlight when clean or looks filthy!

My PCP on the Leon doesn't end until mid December but due to me paying a huge deposit when I bought it (first time on PCP, lessons learned!) I am now already in positive equity in it and want something a bit more fun, but not to boy racer (so no Fiesta ST etc), I had an Abarth 500 before the Leon and it got old quickly as a daily driver (but it did make me smile a lot as long as I wasn't on a motorway), plus I wouldn't go back to a manual now and have liked my Leon enough to want to stay within VAG, I suspect when I actually drive the Polo GTi it will prove to be perfect for me.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

The Polo is my first black car since my Alpina D3 in 2010.
I'd have preferred white, but being 'back in black' isn't as bad as I thought.
Helps that, weirdly, it's February and it hasn't even rained here for over a week (Aberdeen).
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Griff74 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome, not long until your GTi is an actual car on it's way to you!!

Can I ask how long you have been waiting?
My original order was placed at the end of July (2018). I got offered the GTI+ around September/October time I think.

Looking at around a 9/10 month wait before it (hopefully) arrives. Although some people on here placed their orders in January 2018 and are still waiting!
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

Oh wow, hopefully not long now for you.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Don't worry it is worth waiting :D Yesterday I did get over 6000km with mine and i have it only for 2 months. Absolutly love to drive it ;) White looks amazing and goes perfectly with that black details all around around car. Only con is that it will get dirty way to fast :D
Attachments
2Hours after I got mine car ... :D
2Hours after I got mine car ... :D
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Looks stunning mate! I'm not jealous I promise. :lol:

Yeah I can imagine it's going to need cleaning on a regular basis!
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

My order was early July with a proposed delivery by December.
I almost gave up when I was reading here about the delays caused by the new WLTP thing.
My build week is two weeks away.
Time passes pretty quickly really so, say, 10 weeks roughly from now, I should have it, and after months of waiting, 10 weeks is nothing.
I feel for the guys who ordered a year ago who still have little certainty about their build weeks.
I'd be looking into why their orders are not higher up with the dealers, although, it seems many of them don't have any good answers.