Random question for people who have Kessy (keyless entry) on their Polo

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Random question for people who have Kessy (keyless entry) on their Polo

Post by Andy Beats »

Adam_013 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:06 pm Nissan's do. We had a juke courtesy car which did this.
The intelligent key on the Nissan Juke does not automatically lock the doors when you walk away.
Didn't on my Juke, didn't on my Leaf.
Here's Nissan's own info about the intelligent key and it states locking/unlocking has to be done via the key or by the door handle button (what they call the 'request button').

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNO ... W/iks.html

PS I just checked with a mate who has the latest Leaf and he confirms it's still the same, no auto-lock when you walk away, still got to press the door handle button.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Re: Random question for people who have Kessy (keyless entry) on their Polo

Post by mike sel »

phillos wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:57 pm
Griff74 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:41 pm
phillos wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:08 pm Is it possible to disable only the Keyless Entry part? Leaving the push to start keyless.
Yes, if you have OBDEleven or Carista you can tell it that it doesn't have the modules for keyless entry, so you have to use the buttons on the remote, but the start button still works as normal,
Thank you for that information! I will strongly consider that when i receive my GTI in 3 months time. I live in an apartment and as such im a bit harder to target in the relay trick.
I have keyless on my polo and you can easily disable it if you want to. all you do when you get out is push the door shut, lock it with the remote control and the touch the leyless part of the door handle within 5 seconds. Keyless is then disabled. Down side you have to do this every time you want to disable it. I tend to do it if I m staying away from home. At home and work I just have a signal blocking pouch I pop the fob into when I get there, its no hardship.