2019 GTI OPF

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TobinSM
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi +

Re: 2019 GTI OPF

Post by TobinSM »

Sounds amazing. Going to book mine in now!
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

R15KXK wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/Byez9oTndco/

Got the res delete on my polo and a backbox delete
Before anyone goes all crazy... this is not a GTI, it looks like it’s possible the ‘200tsi’ which is a 120ish bhp engine sold primarily in Brazil.

I’m not even sure this car has the OPF/GPF filter.
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

TobinSM wrote:Sounds amazing. Going to book mine in now!
Head ups, read my post just above this one. Its not a GTI, probably doesn’t have the OPF/GPF filter
TobinSM
New

Post by TobinSM »

phillos wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:45 pm
Head ups, read my post just above this one. Its not a GTI, probably doesn’t have the OPF/GPF filter
Thanks, good spot! I’ve got my GTi + booked in somewhere else on Friday to see what they can do with it. I’ll keep everyone posted!
mz21
New

Post by mz21 »

phillos wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:30 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:06 pm
Andy Beats wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:53 pm

You can bet their terms and conditions would cover them.
It'll basically say "we are allowed to change the specification of a car at will"
Wasting your time on this one I think.
There is a clause like that on their website and in the brochures/price lists.
You're probably right. :(

In the mean time i found both a £100 "resonator delete pipe", basically a ready to fit pipe that goes in place of the resonator.
Interestingly enough there's also a full MIlltek resonated OPF-back system for £700 which I'm also considering.
Hi phillos, can you send me the link to buy the resonator delete pipe for the Polo GTI? I want to buy it but I cannot find it. Thanks a lot
New-gti-guy
New
Drives: 1.6

Post by New-gti-guy »

TobinSM wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:18 pm
Thanks, good spot! I’ve got my GTi + booked in somewhere else on Friday to see what they can do with it. I’ll keep everyone posted!
Hi
Did you manage to modify it?
TobinSM
New

Post by TobinSM »

New-gti-guy wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:30 pm

Hi
Unfortunately I never got to. It was either £1500 to get a whole new exhaust system (which could also potentially void the warranty) or I could pay £200 for a resonator delete which a couple of garages said was illegal and another said it would void the warranty.

If I could I would just do a resonator delete myself but I don’t understand anything about it. I’ve done about 13,000 miles now and it seems to be sounding a lot nicer!
JMiddo94
New
Drives: 2019 GTI

Post by JMiddo94 »

£200 for a resonator delete? Wow, I paid 80 and that was a high street garage, done it on my last 3 polos and has no issues with warranty, it'd only void your exhaust warranty (confirmed by VW).
TobinSM
New

Post by TobinSM »

JMiddo94 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:23 pm £200 for a resonator delete? Wow, I paid 80 and that was a high street garage, done it on my last 3 polos and has no issues with warranty, it'd only void your exhaust warranty (confirmed by VW).
Perhaps I need to look into it more then! I’m also worried it will ruin the sound as well, I do a lot of motorway driving and don’t want to end up having a constant noise whilst just cruising.

I need to hear other examples first I think.
cardiak
New
Drives: --

Post by cardiak »

TobinSM wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi
Unfortunately I never got to. It was either £1500 to get a whole new exhaust system (which could also potentially void the warranty) or I could pay £200 for a resonator delete which a couple of garages said was illegal and another said it would void the warranty.

If I could I would just do a resonator delete myself but I don’t understand anything about it. I’ve done about 13,000 miles now and it seems to be sounding a lot nicer!
Never use that garage for anything. They either don't want the work or are blatantly trying to pull a fast one on you.
TobinSM
New

Post by TobinSM »

cardiak wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:28 pm
TobinSM wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi

Never use that garage for anything. They either don't want the work or are blatantly trying to pull a fast one on you.
Thanks, has anyone on here got a 2019 Polo GTi with a resonator delete? I really want to know what it sounds like before going ahead with it
cardiak
New
Drives: --

Post by cardiak »

There are a couple of vids on YT that are pretty good mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5VwntuFtQM

One includes the cabin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF9AONwkOlA
TobinSM
New

Post by TobinSM »

cardiak wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 am There are a couple of vids on YT that are pretty good mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5VwntuFtQM

One includes the cabin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF9AONwkOlA
Amazing, thanks! I’ll watch these later and if I get it done do a couple of videos
Rui Viveiros
New
Drives: POLO_AW_GTI+

Post by Rui Viveiros »

Check my insta page: pologti93 got a small video opf with resonater delete,
and yes for the amount of cash is a nice mod... paid 60 euros material + hand work
you going to feel the exhaust sound more bass and free... :lol:
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Acoustic cameras target nuisance noise makers.

Loud exhausts are the latest target for road bosses, after the Department for Transport announced it would trial acoustic cameras that can determine if cars breach legal noise limits.
New cars have to meet a 74-decibel noise limit to gain type approval, so only motorists who modify or fail to maintain their exhausts, and those who rev their cars "beyond legal limits" will be caught, according to the DfT.
The cameras will be installed at "several" locations over the next seven months and could be linked to automatic number plate-recognition cameras to issue fines. The Dft claims long-term exposure to noise is linked to heart attacks, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.

Copied from Auto Express Mag number 1,580

If they are trialling it, you can bet your bottom dollar they'll bring it in !!!