Still waiting for build week for new GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
tanya793
New
Drives: Polo gti 2019

Still waiting for build week for new GTI?

Post by tanya793 »

Ordered my car on 28th Dec, had 5 updates since Mar 1st all saying the same thing, Your Polo has progressed to stage 2 or 7. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get a build week confirmed? I've contacted my retailer, she said apparently they update orders every Wednesday and Friday but still no word. My car is actually with the factor and scheduled for production, but that update was now 5 weeks ago :shock:

Anyone else been waiting this long or longer for a build week? Any info would be greatly appreciated, it's getting more and more frustrating as my service and insurance renewal is coming up too :cry:
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: Still waiting for build week for new GTI?

Post by S_94 »

Very common unfortunately. This thread will give you an idea regarding wait times - viewtopic.php?f=71&t=70994

As a reference, I ordered in July 2018 and got a build week of 04/03/2019. Not sure if things are speeding up now though so your wait might not be as long.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

The lack of proactive investigation from dealers hacks me right off.
She's evidently just waiting for info to come to her, when there's nothing stopping her finding out.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

S_94 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:51 pm
As a reference, I ordered in July 2018 and got a build week of 04/03/2019. Not sure if things are speeding up now though so your wait might not be as long.
Woah, that's some wait.
I got a limited edition Alpina BMW faster.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Andy Beats wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:18 pm
S_94 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:51 pm
Woah, that's some wait.
I got a limited edition Alpina BMW faster.
Shocking isn't it? Mine isn't even that bad to be honest, johnpolo2 has been waiting since January 2018...
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

S_94 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:25 pm Shocking isn't it? Mine isn't even that bad to be honest, johnpolo2 has been waiting since January 2018...
Jeez, he must really really really want a Gti Polo......
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

Same here, ordered same date as John back in Jan 18, was initally told should recieve by April 2018 but here I am in April 2019 waiting.....

There is light at the end of the tunnel now though as its finally been built and in Emden so fingeres crossed not much longer left to wait.

Its been a hell of a rollercoaster though and I really had lost interest in it until I got the build week confirmed update - I suppose the problem alot of us have had is we bought into the intial lead times and just kept going along with it - by the time I had lost the will to carry on with it, it would of done me more harm pulling out with depreciation on my current 2015GTi and the deal i got on the new purchase.

Got a few things to sort once it does come, doubt there will be any compensation but I will seek a refund on the Winter pack that changed substantially since i placed the order.

Glad I stuck with it though - seeing peoples comments and how much they are enjoying the model its looks like it will be worth it - hopefully I will be able to pass on the same feedback when I recieve mine!
tanya793
New

Post by tanya793 »

S_94 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:51 pm Very common unfortunately. This thread will give you an idea regarding wait times - viewtopic.php?f=71&t=70994

Thanks I'll check that out. Wow, can't believe you had to wait that long, I hope it doesn't take that long! :|
tanya793
New

Post by tanya793 »

Chris001 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:30 pm Same here, ordered same date as John back in Jan 18, was initally told should recieve by April 2018 but here I am in April 2019 waiting.....

There is light at the end of the tunnel now though as its finally been built and in Emden so fingeres crossed not much longer left to wait.

Its been a hell of a rollercoaster though and I really had lost interest in it until I got the build week confirmed update - I suppose the problem alot of us have had is we bought into the intial lead times and just kept going along with it - by the time I had lost the will to carry on with it, it would of done me more harm pulling out with depreciation on my current 2015GTi and the deal i got on the new purchase.

Got a few things to sort once it does come, doubt there will be any compensation but I will seek a refund on the Winter pack that changed substantially since i placed the order.

Glad I stuck with it though - seeing peoples comments and how much they are enjoying the model its looks like it will be worth it - hopefully I will be able to pass on the same feedback when I recieve mine!
Honestly can't believe you have waited that long, I feel bad for complaining about having to wait more than 3 months for a build week! Did they give you any reason as to why it was delayed?

Glad to hear you're on the home stretch though :)
Chris001
New

Post by Chris001 »

Multiple reasons; Factory was shut / WLTP / Wheels not in stock.......

No one really seemed to know but WLTP seemed to have alot to do with the delay and the retrofit they have done to add the GPF to the exhaust system.

In fairness even though its been an age my dealer has been very proactive and helpfull but I know loads of memebers have had next to no communiation or updates and have been kept in the dark.

It does seem to be picking up now, buy god knows what the backlog is on orders and just when they run their campaigns on the different models.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

This is mental.
The initial excitement of getting the 'new model' has gone, it's not a new model any more (even if it is a new car to you).
Heartbreaking.
Chris001
New

Post by Chris001 »

I dont know Andy, I did absoulutely feel like that, id lost interest, the excitement had gone and I was angry but the past few weeks from the build notification to the most recent its in Emden update the spark is back, Ive kind of written off the bad feelings and im really looking forward to it.

I think the worst thing was always when you ran into work colleagues or family and they asked you have you got your car yet - got tired after the first few months, you can imagine their disbelief a year on.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

Chris001 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:58 pm
I think the worst thing was always when you ran into work colleagues or family and they asked you have you got your car yet - got tired after the first few months, you can imagine their disbelief a year on.
Ha, yeah, they probably had you down as some sort of Walter Mitty character. :D
"New car still coming, Chris?.....course it is...."
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Chris001 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:43 pm Multiple reasons; Factory was shut / WLTP / Wheels not in stock.......

No one really seemed to know but WLTP seemed to have alot to do with the delay and the retrofit they have done to add the GPF to the exhaust system.

In fairness even though its been an age my dealer has been very proactive and helpfull but I know loads of memebers have had next to no communiation or updates and have been kept in the dark.

It does seem to be picking up now, buy god knows what the backlog is on orders and just when they run their campaigns on the different models.
I waited 8.5 months for my Golf R, when VW were knocking out the lease specials in 3 months, and the car had been available for a year with no issues like diesel gate or WLTP to consider. BMW will knock out a fresh order for a performance 1 series in 8 weeks - I'd have had a 135i or 140i if they weren't pig ugly.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:38 pm I'd have had a 135i or 140i if they weren't pig ugly.
Who the hell cares when they go and handle like they do.
RWD overrules looks, and I say that as someone who has had multiple Gti Golfs.
I miss my mate working at BMW, it was great when he took them home.