Infotainment screen issue

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Paul237
New
Drives: MK10

Re: Infotainment screen issue

Post by Paul237 »

An update - my dealership replaced the screen under warranty - I just had to wait a couple of days for it to arrive.

Pretty good service.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

The screen behaved itself yesterday, then this morning it is blank again until the 3rd time of pulling over and going through the ignition cycle again. Just noticed also - external temp doesn't show in infotainment screen when the digital cockpit is blank.
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

I'd get a video of it to show the dealer. It's a major safety defect- you can't see the speedo! They're selling these cars in Scandinavia with much colder temperatures, so the temperature shouldn't make a difference. They test cars in the cold for exactly that reason.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

vc-10 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:37 am I'd get a video of it to show the dealer. It's a major safety defect- you can't see the speedo! They're selling these cars in Scandinavia with much colder temperatures, so the temperature shouldn't make a difference. They test cars in the cold for exactly that reason.
It's 23 Celsius here today and it was blank first time of trying. Full ignition cycle 2 Mile's later (after a stop), and it's working again. I don't think temp has a part to play with my defect. The car is in for work May 1st, and it'll get the seatbelt recall done too.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

These blank screens sound like software issues to me.

Any one had any news from VW what they reckon is causing it