Digital Cockpit Question

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
jdunstone16
New
Drives: VW Polo Beats 2018

Re: Digital Cockpit Question

Post by jdunstone16 »

I didn't realise it could be retrofitted. How much does it cost?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

I have a new question...

Can anyone provide pictures of their virtual dash that is an option from a Polo that isn't a GTI?

I received my software fix today for the virtual dash that was frequently not firing up, and the appearance of my colour scheme and dials in "classic" view has changed:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11062596@ ... ed-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11062596@ ... ed-public/

Everything was previously red and white (as per the GTI colour scheme on the infotainment screen), now it is blue and white.

I suspect they've uploaded the wrong variant of the fix, applying a new blue/white "skin", or perhaps the skin is selectable and they forgot to pick the right one with the software update?

My infotainment screen still fires up with the GTI logo, but the virtual cockpit does not. To be honest, i'm not sure if the virtual cockpit ever displayed the GTI logo like the infotainment screen does, could someone with a GTI+ confirm?

As well as the colour scheme changing, the fonts for the text in the classic view have changed. They are less bold/chunky, and slant slightly to the left rather than slightly to the right like they used to - especially the driving mode/gear and speed e.g. D1, S1, 50mph etc.

Right now, I don't know whether I have a standard non-GTI skin, or a skin meant for a Golf R (as the blue scheme is used on the R rather than the red of the GTI), so it would be handy to see what a standard non-GTI Polo colour scheme/skin looks like.
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

Quick Googling and found this video. Skip to 3 minutes in- looks like they've flashed the normal Polo software, not the GTI software.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

vc-10 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:40 pm

Quick Googling and found this video. Skip to 3 minutes in- looks like they've flashed the normal Polo software, not the GTI software.
I've just come to the same conclusion after looking at the brochure, and the R-Line clearly shows the blue/white colour scheme.

What a bunch of knackers! I will keep it long enough to determine my blank screen fault is gone, then get them to change it next time it's convenient to me.
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Even if you choose to leave it as it is for a while, get the error logged with them before they can claim it "must have been something you did"
gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Post by gnome »

I've seen a video of someone using ODBeleven to change the digital cockpit colours/design, with the app on the phone they just select the style and the display changes almost instantly, shouldn't be an issue for the garage - likely a 2 minute job with the VW software.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

gnome wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:28 pm I've seen a video of someone using ODBeleven to change the digital cockpit colours/design, with the app on the phone they just select the style and the display changes almost instantly, shouldn't be an issue for the garage - likely a 2 minute job with the VW software.
Rang the garage. The tech who did the changes was apparently unaware that there was a GTI variant and thought all Polo virtual cockpit settings were the same.

If the virtual dash screen doesn't throw up a "GTI" logo on start up (I can't remember if it does) like the infotainment screen, then a simple colour change via OBD11 or VAGCOM could sort it. If not, a remedial visit to the dealership if and when they know how to change the skin back is required. The font size and thickness for the classic view files were definitely chunkier on the original display.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:28 pm My infotainment screen still fires up with the GTI logo, but the virtual cockpit does not. To be honest, i'm not sure if the virtual cockpit ever displayed the GTI logo like the infotainment screen does, could someone with a GTI+ confirm?
The GTI logo only appears on the infotainment screen. The Digital Dash displays a Volkswagen animated Graphic on start up.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

roywolfey wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:55 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:28 pm My infotainment screen still fires up with the GTI logo, but the virtual cockpit does not. To be honest, i'm not sure if the virtual cockpit ever displayed the GTI logo like the infotainment screen does, could someone with a GTI+ confirm?
The GTI logo only appears on the infotainment screen. The Digital Dash displays a Volkswagen animated Graphic on start up.
Thanks for that. It's amazing what you see every day and don't notice! The Volkswagen graphic is there on my blue version. If I had a reef blue GTI, I'd probably not mind.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

How do you zero your trip on a digital dash, it's easy with an analogy, all you do is press a button in front of the dials.

Many thanks
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

It's done through the driving data screen.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

vc-10 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:47 pm It's done through the driving data screen.
Many thanks.
EmiLiuZ
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2,0 DSG

Post by EmiLiuZ »

vc-10 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:49 pm Not with Android Auto, at least in Seat's version. It just says 'Android Auto' with a USB logo for the audio, and if you put it to the navigation bit it'll say 'Navigation on mobile device' or something like that.

TBH it doesn't bother me. I don't have anything audio or nav in the dash, just on the main infotainment screen. The routes from Waze and Google Maps are just so much better than anything else that it's worth it!
I'm not using the cockpit either. Android Auto on the Infotainment system is just awesome. Google maps works perfectly and If you're using spotify you can even swap between playlists
raematazz0
New

Post by raematazz0 »

Does any one know if the other virtual cockpit varient models would work in the Polo AW
I managed to get a (2G0 920 790 B) but i think factory car out the showroom come with the varient (A) model units.
I want to ask the forum if the (B) can still work or would i need the (A) bare in mind they both are identical.