Digital Cockpit Question

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
c4s2rs6
New
Drives: Ordered GTI+

Digital Cockpit Question

Post by c4s2rs6 »

Anyone know what the circled symbol is for? Related to automatic range control on headlights? On Polo GTI Plus. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Digital Cockpit Question

Post by monkeyhanger »

That's the driving mode symbol. I'm pretty sure that symbol variant (road with a star) designates the "Individual" mode.
c4s2rs6
New

Post by c4s2rs6 »

Ok thanks MonkeyHanger! That makes sense

Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

C4s2rs6 what you think of the digital cockpit I’ve ordered as a extra option on my Polo Sel.

Any problems with it?
Scotty_boy vw
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C 1ltr TSI/2018 1ltr TSI AW

Post by Scotty_boy vw »

Steve_2019 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:14 pm C4s2rs6 what you think of the digital cockpit I’ve ordered as a extra option on my Polo Sel.

Any problems with it?
For me it’s by far the best Retro fit I have done on the car.

No issues whatsoever with it.

Scott
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

Steve_2019 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:14 pm C4s2rs6 what you think of the digital cockpit I’ve ordered as a extra option on my Polo Sel.

Any problems with it?
It might act up in cold weather. Already seen a few reports of this by users in this forum.

Clearifying: become unresponsive, or simply go blank for a few seconds upon startup.
It’s unconfirmed so far though. Just indicative
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

I did not have any problem since december and it was quietly cold here :D
c4s2rs6
New

Post by c4s2rs6 »

So far it’s great. Just want to drive about trying different setups. Big step up A6 C7 second generation and more basic digital setup in Golf R I tried

Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

Thanks for the replies. I won’t be getting my Polo to June the earliest, haven’t had a build date yet I’m more expecting it in July/August time so I got a long wait to experience the digital dash.
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

It is geat :) Only thing I miss is more customization. Like I want to see water and oil temperatures, remaining range and date. It is not possible to show them all at once. Also date is not showing almost at any time -_-
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Dark_cze wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:12 am It is geat :) Only thing I miss is more customization. Like I want to see water and oil temperatures, remaining range and date. It is not possible to show them all at once. Also date is not showing almost at any time -_-
You can put up more info on the media player screen on "Car", cycling through the display types. I like to put mine to the 3 circles showing boost pressure, kW output and oil temp., while leaving the drivers display as "driving information " with the display of speed and revs on 2 simulated dials.

No interest in water temp once the oil is warm, unless you worry about overheating.
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:33 am
Dark_cze wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:12 am It is geat :) Only thing I miss is more customization. Like I want to see water and oil temperatures, remaining range and date. It is not possible to show them all at once. Also date is not showing almost at any time -_-
You can put up more info on the media player screen on "Car", cycling through the display types. I like to put mine to the 3 circles showing boost pressure, kW output and oil temp., while leaving the drivers display as "driving information " with the display of speed and revs on 2 simulated dials.

No interest in water temp once the oil is warm, unless you worry about overheating.
I know about that but then my android auto with waze is hidden :D water temp is not that much important but i like to watch it rise then wait for oil and then have some fun :D I would like to have all important information neatly in rows like summary and not scattered all around :D

my current setup is:
left dial - remaining range
middle - oil temperature
right dial - audio track or consumption
media player - waze/spotiify
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

I love it. It's not quite the same system in my Ibiza but it's basically the same thing. I have average MPG on the left, range on the right, and in the middle I often change it up! On the motorway I tend to have the ACC display up as I like to keep an eye on it, but it 'minimises' to the bottom if you change it to something else. I keep it on regular round dials as I find them easier to read than the other options.

I would definitely spec it if I was ordering a Polo. It's cool to have the map in the display but the factory satnav isn't anywhere near as good as Google Maps over Android Auto, so I've only used it once in the month I've had the car. If they could get Android Auto to work in the dash that would be amazing! The TT has it so it must be possible, although in the TT it's effectively in a 'window' as they're not designed to work on anything other than rectangular displays.
AshleyScrivens
New

Post by AshleyScrivens »

If you use Apple CarPlay or android auto can it display anything in the cockpit, ie turn directions or song playing?
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

Not with Android Auto, at least in Seat's version. It just says 'Android Auto' with a USB logo for the audio, and if you put it to the navigation bit it'll say 'Navigation on mobile device' or something like that.

TBH it doesn't bother me. I don't have anything audio or nav in the dash, just on the main infotainment screen. The routes from Waze and Google Maps are just so much better than anything else that it's worth it!