Driving Modes - Post Ignition Restart

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
d_train
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Driving Modes - Post Ignition Restart

Post by d_train »

Hi all,

First month owner of a 2019 Polo GTI. Loving it.

Quick question.

Does the Driving Mode reset itself to "Normal" after an ignition restart?

For instance, I noticed on the Active Info Display dials showing "D" even though I had shut down the Polo in "Eco" mode when its last known gear was in "E". The other thing is the "Eco" mode icon is showing (the one with the road and trees) on the Active Info Display even though the gears are showing "D".

Is this modus operandi?

Thanks.
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Re: Driving Modes - Post Ignition Restart

Post by Griff74 »

With VAG cars the last drive profile is kept, my Leon is always left in "Individual" mode, for the DSG gearbox though it only has 3 modes normal drive, sport and manual, as you have to put the car in park to turn it off you always take it out of any mode to do so and then select one of the 3 modes when restarting it, normally drive.

So the driving mode and gearbox modes are not the same thing.
d_train
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Post by d_train »

Thanks. This is my first VAG with digital display with driving modes. And yes, it is a DSG, being the new Polo GTI.

I did RTFM last night, and the behaviour appears normal and that the profile needs to be re-selected after an ignition restart. Will take a shot of the page and post it next.
Poachersun
New
Drives: 2018 POLO GTI

Post by Poachersun »

It's mode will be in the last you selected, but yes the gearing changes from S (sport) back to D(normal drive mode)

To change it back after parking just pull the gear leaver all the way down and flick it back to sport mode gearing (flick down past drive) i do this often if i just want to move between depending on traffic. (i keep it in individual mode with certain settings i prefer)

Same with using the steering gear change levers - if you don't flick it into manual mode on the gear stick it will still let you change gears with them, however after some time of non use/gear changing it goes back to full auto mode.