How much Fuel in Brand new Polo

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Re: How much Fuel in Brand new Polo

Post by l3rady »

Andy Beats wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:54 am £29.17 for a half tank = £ 58.34 for a full one.
For a 45 litre tank that's exactly £1.30 per litre.
Bit expensive, but there you go.
I agree it is a bit of a con but further down the order book it is subtracted and they were able to meet the end price I was willing to pay for the car and was the best price any other dealer was willing to offer. At least for me I know I have down on paper an agreement to drive away with half a tank of fuel.

To be fair that price doesn't seem too far from London petrol prices currently which are on average £1.25/l and that price was set back in October last year when fuel was pricier.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Andy Beats wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:46 pm
silverhairs wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:31 pm When I purchased my Polo, I told them I wanted a full tank of fuel, as a part of the purchasing price, but I told them I would not pay for the full tank of fuel.
They filled it up to he brim. I did pay cash, If they didn't fill it up, it would have been them who broke the contract, I wouldn't have taken it off the forecourt.
What's the relevance of yet again mentioning you paid cash? :?:
TBH dealers would rather you didn't pay cash, so you're not getting any special treatment from them by doing so.
What world do you live in andy, why does it get up your nose, just because I paid cash for my Polo, not like yourself, who has PCP, and you don't like the Polo too much, BUT you cannot afford to cancel :roll: I'm now thinking of getting the "T-Cross", sits a little higher, which I will be paying cash for :wink:
You like PCP to keep yourself on the road, I pay cash, simple as that, I don't do credit. (Don't even have a credit card)
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

silverhairs wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:26 pm What world do you live in andy, why does it get up your nose, just because I paid cash for my Polo, not like yourself, who has PCP, and you don't like the Polo too much, BUT you cannot afford to cancel :roll: I'm now thinking of getting the "T-Cross", sits a little higher, which I will be paying cash for :wink:
You like PCP to keep yourself on the road, I pay cash, simple as that, I don't do credit. (Don't even have a credit card)
It doesn't get up my nose, I genuinely don't care.
It's you that's always bringing it up in every post, it's just weird....
Fingers crossed you get the T-Cross.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

Andy Beats wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:37 pm
silverhairs wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:26 pm What world do you live in andy, why does it get up your nose, just because I paid cash for my Polo, not like yourself, who has PCP, and you don't like the Polo too much, BUT you cannot afford to cancel :roll: I'm now thinking of getting the "T-Cross", sits a little higher, which I will be paying cash for :wink:
It doesn't get up my nose, I genuinely don't care.
It's you that's always bringing it up in every post, it's just weird....
Fingers crossed you get the T-Cross.
Sorry if it infuriates you :roll: if you were to clear all your debits, perhaps you could pay cash in stead of PCP?

You always seem to want the last word though, I find that weird :wink:
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

silverhairs wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:05 pm Sorry if it infuriates you :roll: if you were to clear all your debits, perhaps you could pay cash in stead of PCP?
Please try and understand, I don't want to pay cash.
I could find the cash to do it, I choose not to.
PCP isn't for poor people, that's just a silly view to have. :lol:
You'll get stung when you trade your Polo in for the T-Cross, I know it 100%
You won't admit it on here, but you'll be thousands down - you'll be F-Cross.... :lol:
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Andy Beats wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:21 pm
silverhairs wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:05 pm Sorry if it infuriates you :roll: if you were to clear all your debits, perhaps you could pay cash in stead of PCP?
Please try and understand, I don't want to pay cash.
I could find the cash to do it, I choose not to.
PCP isn't for poor people, that's just a silly view to have. :lol:
You'll get stung when you trade your Polo in for the T-Cross, I know it 100%
You won't admit it on here, but you'll be thousands down - you'll be F-Cross.... :lol:
Cash or not, chopping in a car you've had for 6 months is going to lose you a lot of money unless it's highly sought after -maybe a Porsche with an 18 month waiting list.

It'll be on the forecourt for maybe 80-85% of RRP, and the dealership will want 15-20% margin to sell it. £20k car new will maybe get a P/X price of £13-14k against that T-Cross. Still, you get a full tank of fuel with the cash bought T-Cross.

Winning!
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

Percentages has to come into it, If I loose a big wad of cash, it's my problem, not yours. I expect you have problems of your own, I'm not bothered.
if they don't give me a good price, I will keep the Polo and still purchase the T-Cross.

(for andy) with cash :wink:
CageyJ0nnY
New
Drives: GTI

Post by CageyJ0nnY »

I got half a tank in my 2019 Polo GTI.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

I always consider the cost of a car in terms of how much it'll lose me in the time I have it, rather than RRP.

Got rid of my Golf R a few weeks ago in anticipation of the second Polo GTI+ likely 3 or 4 weeks away.

In 46 months ownership, it has cost me £10700 in depreciation, or a flat £233 a month.

It's a beast of a car for that money.

I don't think the Polo GTI+ will quite match it for % loss, but I expect it to be holding half its RRP at 4 years old in a private sale, maybe a smidge less in p/x.

Chopping in a car after having it less than 2 years usually costs you a lot. To put into context - chopping in a £20k RRP Polo SEL at 6 months old and getting £14k back, it's cost you a grand a month - you could lease an Audi R8 for less than that!
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:47 pm you could lease an Audi R8 for less than that!
Silverhairs wouldn't lease!
That's for poor people!
:lol:
Got to be cash, in a jiffy bag, because there's no smart phone to make a transfer.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

If I was to lease an Audi R8, it would be wasted on me. My days of roaring around are over, also it's to low for me to get in and out. If I was to play my dash cam chip on the computer (which I have done) it's got GPS and I can quite honestly say I've might have gone over the speed limit 2 or 3 times, when I've come from a higher speed limit down to a lower limit, and that would have been for about 100 yards while not slowing quick enough.
I've been driving for 55 years and never had a speeding ticket, and don't expect to get one in the near future. Not saying that if the limit is 60 MPH, I will do that speed if safe to do so.
Though I did choose the 115 over the 95 BHP, it was the 115 had disc brakes all round, and the SEL because it had a lot more than the SE. When I got the Polo, I wanted adaptive cruise and a rear view camera, and I find them both very handy and useful.
I find the Polo OK, it's the Mrs who has trouble with her back and legs, she finds it difficult to get out of, so something a bit higher would be better for her. for me I might keep the Polo, and get her something else, I'll let you know

(For andy) It'll be cash though :lol:
deeklad13
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by deeklad13 »

Zzzzzzz

Back on topic, I got a full tank of fuel with mine :D
Surface36
Getting There!
Drives: SEL115 on order

Post by Surface36 »

Picked mine up from Barnstaple this week, full tank too. 155 miles to home and mostly dual carriage way, used 1/4 of the tank.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

Got 1/3 in the tank on pickup yesterday.
Better than nothing!