2019 lead times

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Re: 2019 lead times

Post by stevereeves »

Speaking as I find, look at my locaction though I'm not originally from these here parts, I took my Golf in for it's 2nd, 3yr service yesterday. They had one, and I do mean one, new Polo in the showroom and walking past the front for a spilt second I did think to myself "self, is that the new MK8 Golf ? Can't be", it wasn't of course but you can what I mean they do look good in the flesh. I enquired on Polo delivery times and was told "cars are beginning to 'port' now, (I think he mant landing at ports) you're looking at 8 months or so". Kinda irrelevant at the mo to me personally as my 4yrs PCP don't end til next year, so there is still a bit of a wait but one does see the odd new Polo on the road. Sadly the indciators don't appear to work on the cars I've seen so maybe a new factory build issue to address :shock: ....
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Dreamscape wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:10 am Do you really need a winter pack in Portugal? ;-)
Portugal has ski resorts, my friend stays in one (Loriga).
cardiak
New
Drives: --

Post by cardiak »

Hi all. Been lurking a while.. Just sold my S3 Saloon and waiting for my GTi+, I added a fair bit of customisation and ordered in April. Been told to expect around late Oct.

Best wishes to everyone.
proalves
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI AW1 2019

Post by proalves »

Dreamscape wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:10 am Do you really need a winter pack in Portugal? ;-)
I live on the north of Portugal here in the winter sometimes they reach to be -2 degrees although it does not snow.

Update i have the confirmation from the dealer that the Polo GTI was built in week 19 that possibly would receive it before the agreed date mid of June let’s hope it’s correct… :D
proalves
Getting There!

Post by proalves »

I received an update today the Polo Gti is in Portugal and in transit to the dealer, everything indicates that next week I will be delivered...
60 days after the order to the factory (05-04-2019) I think it's not bad. :D

As soon as I receive it I post some photos ... 8)
Cro_vw
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 2018 115bhp Highline

Post by Cro_vw »

proalves wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:26 pm I received an update today the Polo Gti is in Portugal and in transit to the dealer, everything indicates that next week I will be delivered...

wow you lucky.. I ordered mine in January and its still not even built
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

Cro_vw wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:23 pm
proalves wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:26 pm I received an update today the Polo Gti is in Portugal and in transit to the dealer, everything indicates that next week I will be delivered...

I ordered mine in February then got a email in May to it’s estimated build date in September. If it’s delayed any further I’m going look at my options and may even cancel my order what I don’t want to do all depends on the sweeteners I get offered to keep me interested.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

I feel your pain guys. Luckily the factory is not to far from me so I only waited 3 months in total. I doubt I'd have the patience to endure the wait ya'll have to put up with but know that once your wheels arrive the vrrpah never gets old :)
Cro_vw
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 2018 115bhp Highline

Post by Cro_vw »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:22 pm I feel your pain guys. Luckily the factory is not to far from me so I only waited 3 months in total. I doubt I'd have the patience to endure the wait ya'll have to put up with but know that once your wheels arrive the vrrpah never gets old :)
well I like the car, It will be my first ever brand new car, its full spec. I'm waiting since January, and probably will wait for few more months. But the sad thing is that here in Croatia they don't give you any info about the car. All i have from dealer is that the car is not even produced yet.. I don't even know where is it built. Is it Spain? SA? but I'm looking forward in month or two it should be here :D if not I will be disappointed and probably cancel the order.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Cro_vw wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:37 pm well I like the car, It will be my first ever brand new car, its full spec. I'm waiting since January, and probably will wait for few more months. But the sad thing is that here in Croatia they don't give you any info about the car. All i have from dealer is that the car is not even produced yet.. I don't even know where is it built. Is it Spain? SA? but I'm looking forward in month or two it should be here :D if not I will be disappointed and probably cancel the order.
The right hand drive models are manufactured in South Africa at a town named Uitenhage near the city of Port Elizabeth. I'm also told some left hand drive models are manufactured there to but still need to confirm that fact.
green justin
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Post by green justin »

Steve_2019 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:16 am
Cro_vw wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:23 pm

I ordered mine in February then got a email in May to it’s estimated build date in September. If it’s delayed any further I’m going look at my options and may even cancel my order what I don’t want to do all depends on the sweeteners I get offered to keep me interested.
WOW! I can’t imagine waiting that long.

I do enjoy it every day 😎 good luck guys.
proalves
Getting There!

Post by proalves »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:14 pm The right hand drive models are manufactured in South Africa at a town named Uitenhage near the city of Port Elizabeth. I'm also told some left hand drive models are manufactured there to but still need to confirm that fact.
Mine was built in Spain (left hand model), the registration has already been requested, I believe it will be delivered next week… :D
proalves
Getting There!

Post by proalves »

Tomorrow I'll get my Polo GTI... 8)
Attachments
20190603_175227 copiar.jpg
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

proalves wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:06 am Tomorrow I'll get my Polo GTI... 8)
hmm looks like the steering wheel is on the wrong side :P
proalves
Getting There!

Post by proalves »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:32 pm
proalves wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:06 am Tomorrow I'll get my Polo GTI... 8)
hmm looks like the steering wheel is on the wrong side :P
I think not... :wink:
At least here in Portugal. :D