2019 lead times

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Re: 2019 lead times

Post by POLO Clive »

Teia2mcguigan wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:45 pm So, was due to collect my car today!

But there seems to be a national issue whereby VW can’t register number plates and therefore can’t tax the cars! So waiting to hear when this is resolved, anyone else have this issue?

I’ve also been told that my car isn’t exactly as I ordered! I ordered an SE but my car has been upgraded to a match?? Can anyone tell me anymore about this?
Luckily I picked mine up on Friday with no registration problems.

Yes the SE was re-branded as Match a month or so ago, but you should gain by this change, the Match will have some free extras as standard over the old SE, for example you'll now get tinted windows, front fog lights, and parking sensors, all of which were cost options on the old SE.
Teia2mcguigan
New
Drives: Polo SE

Post by Teia2mcguigan »

Collected my car today and fair to say I am absolutely in love. I got flowers and everything!

Never again do I want to change gears! It’s more than worth the wait ☺️
POLO Clive
Silver Member

Post by POLO Clive »

Teia2mcguigan wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:16 pm Collected my car today and fair to say I am absolutely in love. I got flowers and everything!

Never again do I want to change gears! It’s more than worth the wait ☺️
Nice one :) :D 8) :D :)
sc-red
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI+

Post by sc-red »

Well I got the great news that my GTI+ has arrived at the dealers today. Was ordered back in mid October and been in transit since mid to late January. Anyway, collecting it on Wednesday providing there are no changes to the self isolation etc.

Seriously can’t wait to get out and about in it.
POLO Clive
Silver Member

Post by POLO Clive »

sc-red wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:18 pm Well I got the great news that my GTI+ has arrived at the dealers today. Was ordered back in mid October and been in transit since mid to late January. Anyway, collecting it on Wednesday providing there are no changes to the self isolation etc.

It's a long wait isn't it, but well worth it, hang in there mate :D
sc-red
New

Post by sc-red »

POLO Clive wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:08 pm
sc-red wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:18 pm Well I got the great news that my GTI+ has arrived at the dealers today. Was ordered back in mid October and been in transit since mid to late January. Anyway, collecting it on Wednesday providing there are no changes to the self isolation etc.

It's a long wait isn't it, but well worth it, hang in there mate :D
It sure is. I’ve certainly got to know my salesman very well over the piece. Just as well as the BW app is rubbish with respect to up to date info.
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Post by mjsaville »

Who are you dealing with at Aberdeen VW?

MJ
sc-red
New

Post by sc-red »

mjsaville wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:10 pm Who are you dealing with at Aberdeen VW?

MJ
I’m dealing with Kosta.
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Post by mjsaville »

We're dealing with Wilson Stark, the car is on the boat heading to Zeebrugge - So not long now !!

MJ
stuartrendall
Bronze Member
Drives: 2020 POLO GTI+

Post by stuartrendall »

My car arrived at my local dealer late yesterday. Will be collecting it on Monday providing there is no change to isolation. 6 months of excitement and anticipation are killing me.
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

I found out from my dealer today as they are shutting up shop that I have a build week of 18 but that as of Wednesday even the South Africa factory has shut for at least 2 weeks. Ah well it will likely be a 9 month wait after all but no where to drive it yet anyway 😢
POLO Clive
Silver Member

Post by POLO Clive »

Ima wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:59 am I found out from my dealer today as they are shutting up shop that I have a build week of 18 but that as of Wednesday even the South Africa factory has shut for at least 2 weeks. Ah well it will likely be a 9 month wait after all but no where to drive it yet anyway 😢
Oh dear, sorry to hear this news Ima, makes me feel so lucky to have picked mine up last week.
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

Thanks 🙏. As frustrating as it is I’m know it’s a small problem to have in the world right now with Covid- 19 but the thought of the car coming soon was a small distraction from the reality of the worlds problems. It could be worse 👍
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

Out of boredom I web chatted wv South Africa. Factory remains open after all. Good to see VW uk up to date as usual :mrgreen:
PO10ASH
Getting There!
Drives: POLO GTI+

Post by PO10ASH »

Ordered mid Feb, got my build week in May from the dealer today, but they've said it could change with everything that's going on with the world. App is as informative as ever "with the factory".