2019 lead times

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Re: 2019 lead times

Post by POLO Clive »

Ima wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:51 am Mine still says with the factory on the app. What the experience on how long it takes to allocate a build date?
To give you an idea, this is a timeline of mine since I ordered in October > viewtopic.php?f=71&t=74232
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

Great thanks that’s really helpful. Hopefully I’ll get a build date soon then. I am not blessed with patience :lol:
stuartrendall
Bronze Member
Drives: 2020 POLO GTI+

Post by stuartrendall »

POLO Clive wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:06 am My car is now at Emden and my Dealer is saying 10 to 14 days :D
My car was also in Emden at the same time as yours, it's heading to zeebrugge in Belgium before coming to England. Maybe our cars are on the same ship @POLO Clive?
POLO Clive
Silver Member

Post by POLO Clive »

stuartrendall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:43 am My car was also in Emden at the same time as yours, it's heading to zeebrugge in Belgium before coming to England. Maybe our cars are on the same ship @POLO Clive?
Maybe mate, although I got a text and email on Sunday saying mine is on it's way to UK, I'm expecting to hear that it's in the UK in the next couple of days 8)
stuartrendall
Bronze Member

Post by stuartrendall »

POLO Clive wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:43 am
stuartrendall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:43 am My car was also in Emden at the same time as yours, it's heading to zeebrugge in Belgium before coming to England. Maybe our cars are on the same ship @POLO Clive?
Maybe mate, although I got a text and email on Sunday saying mine is on it's way to UK, I'm expecting to hear that it's in the UK in the next couple of days 8)
Could be a different one then, but in close proximity :D
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

I posted in another thread: "My 4 years PCP is up soon (where does the time go), I phoned dealership for a vague, guestimate of delivery times for Mk7.5 & Mk8 Golfs + Polo. Was told '(if factory builds) current MK7.5 Golf: 6 weeks + 8 weeks max for delivery, Mk8 Golf: 8 months or so, Polo 8 - 10 months'. Pinch of salt stuff".
Update is "a few 'run out' new-build Mk7.5Golfs are still being built and will be available at the end of March / early April (!) but delivery times for the Polo and (less favoured by me) Mk8 Golf are the same". So speeding up the new-building of older models then and not focussing as much as one might expect on the new model, strange. Fortunately I'm not over-fussed (apart from being unfussed about the Mk8) and will probably see what is available in stock at car change time....
Teia2mcguigan
New
Drives: Polo SE

Post by Teia2mcguigan »

My dealer never gave me the name of the ship but I got the text on Sunday to say my car was on the way to the UK as well. However, when I spoke to the dealer he said it was one last stop in Belgium before it’s on its way to the UK.

I’m absolutely on my last few nuggets of patience now! So ready for my car to be here 😂

stuartrendall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:57 am
stuartrendall
Bronze Member

Post by stuartrendall »

Teia2mcguigan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:49 pm My dealer never gave me the name of the ship but I got the text on Sunday to say my car was on the way to the UK as well. However, when I spoke to the dealer he said it was one last stop in Belgium before it’s on its way to the UK.

I’m absolutely on my last few nuggets of patience now! So ready for my car to be here 😂

stuartrendall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:57 am

I would imagine its the same ship that my car is on. The ships name for mine is RCC Europe. My guess is it will be stopping at Hull next. Very exciting. :D
Teia2mcguigan
New

Post by Teia2mcguigan »

Car is in the UK and on its way to the dealership! How far does everyone’s car have to go to reach the dealerships?

Hoping for collection in just over a week! Dependant on how fast the garage can turn the car around😅
POLO Clive
Silver Member

Post by POLO Clive »

Teia2mcguigan wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:47 pm Car is in the UK and on its way to the dealership! How far does everyone’s car have to go to reach the dealerships?

Hoping for collection in just over a week! Dependant on how fast the garage can turn the car around😅
Mine is also in the UK now, but I haven't had the 'On it's way to the Dealer' text yet, and I don't know which port it came in to, so I don't know how far it has to travel.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Teia2mcguigan wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:47 pm Car is in the UK and on its way to the dealership! How far does everyone’s car have to go to reach the dealerships?

Depends where the dealership is based.

3 ports serve the UK - Sheerness, Grimsby, Tyne.

Sheerness is the South of UK, to around Norfolk.

Grimsby serves North of Norfolf up to North Yorkshire.

Tyne serves Teeside and northwards, including all of Scotland.
Teia2mcguigan
New

Post by Teia2mcguigan »

So my car was dropped at the port in Southampton but has to travel up to Scotland?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Teia2mcguigan wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:34 pm So my car was dropped at the port in Southampton but has to travel up to Scotland?
Which dealership is yours going to? If it's a Scottish dealership, it'll be getting dropped off at Tyne. There are no VW drop offs in Southampton.

That's not to say that your ship (if you know what ot is) won't stop at Southampton on the way to Emden, but it won't be dropping your car off there.
Teia2mcguigan
New

Post by Teia2mcguigan »

So, was due to collect my car today!

But there seems to be a national issue whereby VW can’t register number plates and therefore can’t tax the cars! So waiting to hear when this is resolved, anyone else have this issue?

I’ve also been told that my car isn’t exactly as I ordered! I ordered an SE but my car has been upgraded to a match?? Can anyone tell me anymore about this?
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

Teia2mcguigan wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:45 pm So, was due to collect my car today!

But there seems to be a national issue whereby VW can’t register number plates and therefore can’t tax the cars! So waiting to hear when this is resolved, anyone else have this issue?

I’ve also been told that my car isn’t exactly as I ordered! I ordered an SE but my car has been upgraded to a match?? Can anyone tell me anymore about this?
I believe they have just renamed the SE to Match ::. Have a look at their website for details