2019 lead times

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Re: 2019 lead times

Post by MattHGR »

Cro_vw wrote:
proalves wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:38 pm I ordered mine a manual Polo GTI on the 05/4/2019, about a week after my build was confirmed,it is confirmed for a build in the second week of May '19 looking at a potential June/July delivery, i live in Portugal, here my dealer stated that is build in Spain if these is relevant...
funny how everyone have build date and all that data. I have nothing. I oredered from Croatia, and they didn't give me any code or anything to track and recive info about my car.
You're not missing out on much. Trackers are never accurate, but yes they help a little bit.
VW are slowly getting on top of customer orders, but even so, I'd say you're looking at Christmas / new year for yours.
Dreamscape
New
Drives: 6AW

Post by Dreamscape »

Cro_vw wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:02 pm funny how everyone have build date and all that data. I have nothing. I oredered from Croatia, and they didn't give me any code or anything to track and recive info about my car.
There's no tracking app outside UK. Everyone else must contact dealerships to get info on their orders.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Dreamscape wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:00 pm
Griff74 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:53 am Aren't all left hand drive Polo's still made in Spain? If so I think that will make comparing with the wait times for right hand drive cars from South Africa pointless.
Not anymore. Apparently after summer break of 2018, Polo is made only in SA
No it is not. Mine gti was made in november 2018 and it was made in Spain. But all polo production should move to SA in middle of 2019.
fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Post by fazzy »

Dark_cze wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:58 pm
Dreamscape wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:00 pm
Griff74 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:53 am Aren't all left hand drive Polo's still made in Spain? If so I think that will make comparing with the wait times for right hand drive cars from South Africa pointless.
Not anymore. Apparently after summer break of 2018, Polo is made only in SA
No it is not. Mine gti was made in november 2018 and it was made in Spain. But all polo production should move to SA in middle of 2019.
Well, mine was supposed to be made in Spain, but I just found out that it was made in SA and from what the dealer has told me, VW has such a backlog of cars, that they just produce everywhere... :) Whatever....
Mine is on the ship called "Brooklands" just off the coast of Portugal, docking in Vigo tomorrow at 10 AM. So I reckon another 3 weeks or so, before I drive it home....
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Iam sure you will enjoy it :-)
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

I ordered my car (GTI+, pearl black, 18" wheels, 2 zone climate control, winter pack, reversing camera, blind spot detection) early October 2018 and was told that the current wait list would mean the car wouldn't be built until week 16 2019 and delivery would likely be another 6 weeks on top of that. Because I was told up front I would be in for the long wait I didn't mind and Alan Day also threw in a free service and MOT on my current car along with extending the finance for another 6 months.

I have been in monthly contact with my dealer checking and waiting for a confirmed build week. Last month I was told that the build week had been confirmed for week 17 so it had been pushed back a week from my expectations. A couple of weeks ago the tracker did update with build week confirmed. The tracker currently is not showing a build in progress but my dealer assures me that it is in production. Going by what a lot of people say here that the tracker seems to skip the build step and then notify you once its in transit.

So far my experience is everything has been on track timing wise except 1 week later than thought. I'm surprised that it has been so accurate because when I placed the order there was no sign of the GTI's getting WLTP approval and going by what people were saying on the forum it was clear there would be a massive backlog of GTI's to get through before getting mine. Fingers crossed that the rest of the order progresses normally and will be looking to be driving around in my new car for mid-June.

The long wait has either been a blessing or curse as I've had so much time to think about what I'm going to do to the car once I get it. Already hundreds of pounds down on purchasing cleaning equipment and a customs number plate. Once the car comes I will be getting it ceramic coated, better summer tyres and a ghost autowatch device fitted. Depending on the budget I may get a Miltek Exhaust fitted.
Cro_vw
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 2018 115bhp Highline

Post by Cro_vw »

MattHGR wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:39 pm
Cro_vw wrote:
proalves wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:38 pm I ordered mine a manual Polo GTI on the 05/4/2019, about a week after my build was confirmed,it is confirmed for a build in the second week of May '19 looking at a potential June/July delivery, i live in Portugal, here my dealer stated that is build in Spain if these is relevant...
funny how everyone have build date and all that data. I have nothing. I oredered from Croatia, and they didn't give me any code or anything to track and recive info about my car.
You're not missing out on much. Trackers are never accurate, but yes they help a little bit.
VW are slowly getting on top of customer orders, but even so, I'd say you're looking at Christmas / new year for yours.
Yeah, but i have no info, I've sent 1 mail asking about my car, they replied: we don't have any information yet.
God no, I hope my polo will come in June or even July, since in contract says: it can be postponed for 4weeks.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

I just had a email saying my build date is estimated to be week 37 (9 September).

I ordered my Polo 17 February so going on that 7 months lead time.

Little bit longer than I expected but hey ho hopefully be worth the wait.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

l3rady wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:13 am
The long wait has either been a blessing or curse as I've had so much time to think about what I'm going to do to the car once I get it. Already hundreds of pounds down on purchasing cleaning equipment and a customs number plate. Once the car comes I will be getting it ceramic coated, better summer tyres and a ghost autowatch device fitted. Depending on the budget I may get a Miltek Exhaust fitted.
I wouldn't bother with the ghost autowatch, unless it makes asignificant difference to your insurance (which it probably won't on a Polo GTI), there are better and more powerful cars that will be the focus of a thief's attention - Golf R, Focus RS, Civic R Type, Audi S or RS models, or something properly high end . If someone tried to take my car, i'd rather they take it and be on their way rather than break into the house and holding the kids to ransom for the means to disable the immobiliser they can't find or crack. I'd hope also that the car wasn't recovered - i'd wannt a new one rather than have the car back that some scumbag has had their mitts on.

There's better things to spend £400 on - like a set of Michelin tyres
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:24 pm
I wouldn't bother with the ghost autowatch, unless it makes asignificant difference to your insurance (which it probably won't on a Polo GTI), there are better and more powerful cars that will be the focus of a thief's attention - Golf R, Focus RS, Civic R Type, Audi S or RS models, or something properly high end . If someone tried to take my car, i'd rather they take it and be on their way rather than break into the house and holding the kids to ransom for the means to disable the immobiliser they can't find or crack. I'd hope also that the car wasn't recovered - i'd wannt a new one rather than have the car back that some scumbag has had their mitts on.

There's better things to spend £400 on - like a set of Michelin tyres
I totally agree with this, I'll never understand those who want to protect their cars to the nth degree.
Their seems to be an assumption, I'd call it a naive hope, that these measures will mean they trot off and find another car.
Like you're dealing with rational human beings.
They're scumbags, if they want your car and you're not making it easy for them, they won't make it easy for you.
I'm not saying leave the keys in the car, just do what's necessary to keep your insurance happy.
Stop treating cars like members of the family and taking it personally if someone wants to steal it.
SilentFisher
New
Drives: MK10

Post by SilentFisher »

Steve_2019 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:19 pm I just had a email saying my build date is estimated to be week 37 (9 September).

Oh... this is very long waiting time :(
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

SilentFisher wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:52 am
Steve_2019 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:19 pm I just had a email saying my build date is estimated to be week 37 (9 September).

Oh... this is very long waiting time :(
It is, even if they told be it would take this time when I ordered it I would of gone ahead with it.
proalves
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI AW1 2019

Post by proalves »

proalves wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:38 pmI ordered mine a manual Polo GTI on the 05/4/2019, about a week after my build was confirmed,it is confirmed for a build in the second week of May '19 looking at a potential June/July delivery, i live in Portugal, here my dealer stated that is build in Spain if these is relevant...
There's a huge discrepancy between mainland Europe and UK, as i said i live in Portugal and here 90 days after purchase is the normal waiting time, I hope my polo GTI will come in July, since in contract says expected delivery date 05 July…
It´s a manual Pure white GTI, Deep iron trim, 17" Milton Keynes alloys, sunroof, winter pack, sport select dampers, active info display, Beats audio, LED Lights, tinted rear windows, folding heated mirrors, blind spot warning and keyless entry…

Here's the configurator image:
1.jpg
Dreamscape
New
Drives: 6AW

Post by Dreamscape »

Do you really need a winter pack in Portugal? ;-)
AaronGrisedale
New
Drives: 2018 Polo R-Line

Post by AaronGrisedale »

I ordered an R-Line with 5 options + paint and wheels at the end of May 2018. I have only just had my build date confirmed as week 23, so at the minute it is looking like it's going to be 14 months from order to delivery.