Sat Nav/Car-net with Active Info

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mackimudo
New
Drives: MK10 GTI+

Sat Nav/Car-net with Active Info

Post by mackimudo »

Hi guys, first post here! I'm getting a pre-reg GTI+ next week, but I was wondering if when you're using the car-net's maps as a sat-nav, if it can be displayed on the Active Info display?
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Re: Sat Nav/Car-net with Active Info

Post by l3rady »

mackimudo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:20 pm Hi guys, first post here! I'm getting a pre-reg GTI+ next week, but I was wondering if when you're using the car-net's maps as a sat-nav, if it can be displayed on the Active Info display?
If your car has the built in sat nav then yes it can be displayed on the active info display. It cannot be displayed on both screens at the same time. If you are using android auto or car play and using map apps there, they cannot be displayed on the active info display.
mackimudo
New

Post by mackimudo »

l3rady wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:37 pm
mackimudo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:20 pm Hi guys, first post here! I'm getting a pre-reg GTI+ next week, but I was wondering if when you're using the car-net's maps as a sat-nav, if it can be displayed on the Active Info display?
If your car has the built in sat nav then yes it can be displayed on the active info display. It cannot be displayed on both screens at the same time. If you are using android auto or car play and using map apps there, they cannot be displayed on the active info display.
Ah ok, thanks for (both) your replies. Do you know if the built in sat-nav can be retrofitted?
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

mackimudo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:39 pm
Ah ok, thanks for (both) your replies. Do you know if the built in sat-nav can be retrofitted?
Not sure but at a £600 addon from the factory, personally I wouldn't bother with it. Mobile app maps are far superior to the VW ones and offer more features IMHO. The screen in the new polo is not too far down and is angled towards the driver so is ideal for navigation. Personally, I prefer using Waze and having it on the main screen so either I or my passenger can control the maps as well as report hazards etc.
mackimudo
New

Post by mackimudo »

l3rady wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:45 pm
mackimudo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:39 pm

Not sure but at a £600 addon from the factory, personally I wouldn't bother with it. Mobile app maps are far superior to the VW ones and offer more features IMHO. The screen in the new polo is not too far down and is angled towards the driver so is ideal for navigation. Personally, I prefer using Waze and having it on the main screen so either I or my passenger can control the maps as well as report hazards etc.
That's fair, I was just thinking for the convenience of having the AID showing the navigation right under the eyesight was one of the main draws to it personally, but yeah I agree my experience has always been that Waze is usually the most up to date sat-nav.
proalves
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI AW1 2019

Post by proalves »

I found on youtube a video of the Polo GTI where the navigation appears in both screens I always read that the navigation could only appear in one or the other.

Maybe will be specific of the region and not available in Europe.

The video is this ...
fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Post by fazzy »

proalves wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:36 pm I found on youtube a video of the Polo GTI where the navigation appears in both screens I always read that the navigation could only appear in one or the other.

Personally, I don’t get it....
Why on earth would you want to have two identical maps on two screens??
Unless someone is squint and one eye watches one screen and the other eye the other screen... 😁😁🤣
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

fazzy wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:17 pm
proalves wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:36 pm I found on youtube a video of the Polo GTI where the navigation appears in both screens I always read that the navigation could only appear in one or the other.

Unless someone is squint and one eye watches one screen and the other eye the other screen... 😁😁🤣
One has the map and the other has directions or something else (I can't remember, only had to use the satnav once on the red Polo GTI+). Nav was specced on a locked in build for the red one when I jumped on the unallocated order. I would have never specced it myself.

Although they may be there under the skin, I can't see any hardware differences between our 2 Polos.

It's quite likely that you are just paying for an SD card with a subscription that is applied either at the factory or the dealership as for the last gen Audi A1, you could gain satnav at any time just by buying a £500 SD card, and presumably dealer codes subscription recognition applied to the car.
proalves
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI AW1 2019

Post by proalves »

fazzy wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:17 pm Personally, I don’t get it....
I don’t want the two maps in both screens was just out of curiosity... :D :wink:

As I said all the reviews I saw mentioned that either appeared on one screen or the other.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

[/quote]
[/quote]
Because it looks cool :mrgreen:, but I'm not sure you can display it on both screens simultaneously. :?: ...
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

stevereeves wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:02 pm Because it looks cool :mrgreen:, but I'm not sure you can display it on both screens simultaneously. :?: ...
My gti with satnav and AID certanly can't display map on both at same time but in wideo he have them on both at same time :shock: wtf
Attachments
Screenshot_20190527-091447_YouTube.jpg
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

I took a look into japan polo configurator and it says polo gti with discover pro sat nav :shock:
Attachments
nav.png