Sport Gauge Meters - POLO GTI

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
gegege
New
Drives: polo GTI 2019

Sport Gauge Meters - POLO GTI

Post by gegege »

Hello,

When I chose to display the sport gauge meters - Temp, oil temp and psi on the main display
some time there are no readability of water temp and the oil temp.( psi is always shown).
To get the readability I need to refresh the screen.
Anybody got the same problem? :roll:
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Sport Gauge Meters - POLO GTI

Post by monkeyhanger »

Until oil and water temp get to 50C, they will not display a numerical value.

I prefer to display boost pressure, output in kW and oil temp. Happy enough to see 4 bars of water temp to confirm water us 90C on the main driver's view bordering the virtual cockpit (or analogue equivalent).
gegege
New

Post by gegege »

I am "speaking" - that this occurs after the water temp and oil temp are more than 50C.
Martin-GTi
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by Martin-GTi »

I’ve seen the same issue. I use the sports info with power output, boot pressure and oil temp (same as monkeyhanger).

I have also noticed the the oil temp has a ’—‘ displaying even when the temperature is well above 50.C. This only happens around 30% of the time and tapping on the radio button, followed by the car button refreshes the display and the correct oil temp is then shown. I guess there’s a software bug, but it’s not a big issue.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Martin-GTi wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:51 pm I’ve seen the same issue. I use the sports info with power output, boot pressure and oil temp (same as monkeyhanger).

I have also noticed the the oil temp has a ’—‘ displaying even when the temperature is well above 50.C. This only happens around 30% of the time and tapping on the radio button, followed by the car button refreshes the display and the correct oil temp is then shown. I guess there’s a software bug, but it’s not a big issue.
exactly it is some kind of a bug, even my AID shows right oil temperature. as said by martin just tap anything else and than back to car. happend ty my like 3 or 4 times. mostly after i switched off engine and than switched it back on in short time. but Iam not using start-stop so that might be reason why i dost have it more often.
Poachersun
New
Drives: 2018 POLO GTI

Post by Poachersun »

I wish the boost pressure excluded the ambient air pressure (usually around 14.7psi) instead of showing manifold pressure, but meh.
first time i looked at it and boosted 34 ish psi i got a scare - took me a second to figure out it was including ambient! :P
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Poachersun wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:58 am I wish the boost pressure excluded the ambient air pressure (usually around 14.7psi) instead of showing manifold pressure, but meh.
first time i looked at it and boosted 34 ish psi i got a scare - took me a second to figure out it was including ambient! :P
Your boost pressure shows in psi and not Bar?

Both of our GTI+ show boost pressure in Bar, the old one (pre WLTP - no GPF) is at 1.00 bar when at rest, so just atmospheric pressure, with a gauge that goes to 3 bar.

The new one (GPF fitted) shows a minimum of 0.28 bar at rest, which I assume is really 1.28 bar, but they're showing pressure above atmospheric and assuming also that it needs to be blown to 0.28bar above atmospheric all the time just to overcome the back pressure caused by the GPF.
JMiddo94
New
Drives: 2019 GTI

Post by JMiddo94 »

You can switch between psi and bar in the menus.

I usually have mine set at oil temp, power (why no option for BHP?!) and turbo pressure. I hate how sometimes when you come out of the menu it resets all of the dials though 😑
gegege
New

Post by gegege »

Anyone knows if there is a software fix for this fault?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

gegege wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:18 pm Anyone knows if there is a software fix for this fault?
Which fault? The car resetting what 3 gauges you display and not remembering last used?

Or oil/water temp not always registering actual temp when above 50C unless you flit away and back?

For my Red GTI+ (pre-WLTP), It works as expected every time.

For the white GTI+ (post-WLTP), I set up the Sport meters and sometimes they change in front of my eyes to show water/oil/oil temp. Needs a software update.
gegege
New

Post by gegege »

I mean:
"oil/water temp not always registering actual temp when above 50C unless you flit away and back?"
This needs correction!!
Poachersun
New
Drives: 2018 POLO GTI

Post by Poachersun »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:37 am
Poachersun wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:58 am I wish the boost pressure excluded the ambient air pressure (usually around 14.7psi) instead of showing manifold pressure, but meh.
Your boost pressure shows in psi and not Bar?

Both of our GTI+ show boost pressure in Bar, the old one (pre WLTP - no GPF) is at 1.00 bar when at rest, so just atmospheric pressure, with a gauge that goes to 3 bar.

The new one (GPF fitted) shows a minimum of 0.28 bar at rest, which I assume is really 1.28 bar, but they're showing pressure above atmospheric and assuming also that it needs to be blown to 0.28bar above atmospheric all the time just to overcome the back pressure caused by the GPF.
I set it to PSI i think :)