Wonder what it's worth

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Wonder what it's worth

Post by Andy Beats »

Got a settlement figure from VW finance yesterday, then went onto WBAC to see what they'd give me for an easy sell.
There's a gap, but it's not an insurmountable one...
What's a 2018 Polo Beats with 5300 miles worth on the open market though, I wonder? :?:
TBH I'd let it go for the finance settlement figure, or closer than WBAC are offering.

Time for a rethink, I really don't need a new car to do 6 miles per day and a bit of running around.
Our eldest daughter will be starting driving soon and I'd like to buy a used town car (Up/Mii/Citigo/Aygo) for us both to use and not give a crap about.
She can kerb it and dent it to her heart's content. :D
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Wonder what it's worth

Post by monkeyhanger »

Andy Beats wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:06 am Got a settlement figure from VW finance yesterday, then went onto WBAC to see what they'd give me for an easy sell.
There's a gap, but it's not an insurmountable one...
What's a 2018 Polo Beats with 5300 miles worth on the open market though, I wonder? :?:
TBH I'd let it go for the finance settlement figure, or closer than WBAC are offering.

Time for a rethink, I really don't need a new car to do 6 miles per day and a bit of running around.
Our eldest daughter will be starting driving soon and I'd like to buy a used town car (Up/Mii/Citigo/Aygo) for us both to use and not give a crap about.
She can kerb it and dent it to her heart's content. :D
Put it on Tootle and see how much closer the dealerships who respond come. Not knowing what Beats RRP is offhand, but I'd expect 65% of RRP after incentives if selling to a dealership. It needs to be selling 20% cheaper than new after incentives and gove the dealership 15-20% margin.

Do a search for used Polos same age/spec as yours and hope for 85% of that sticker price.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:48 am
Put it on Tootle and see how much closer the dealerships who respond come. Not knowing what Beats RRP is offhand, but I'd expect 65% of RRP after incentives if selling to a dealership. It needs to be selling 20% cheaper than new after incentives and gove the dealership 15-20% margin.

Do a search for used Polos same age/spec as yours and hope for 85% of that sticker price.
Ooh, never heard of this 'tootle', I'll give it a whirl.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:48 am Put it on Tootle and see how much closer the dealerships who respond come. Not knowing what Beats RRP is offhand, but I'd expect 65% of RRP after incentives if selling to a dealership. It needs to be selling 20% cheaper than new after incentives and gove the dealership 15-20% margin.

List price for the 95ps 5 speed Manual is £17,510. Sticker price of used examples registered Oct - Dec 2018 (Polo Beats 95ps 5 speed manual with 5k-6k miles) on VW website is in the range £14.5k - £15.5k. There are a couple of sub £14k examples for sale through dealers on Autotrader.

So using the 85% sticker price as a guide, based on the VW website prices, hope for £12.3k - £13.2k. Without knowing what the incentives are on the Beats model, 65% of RRP gives a figure of £11.4k, so after allowing for incentives (assuming these include a finance deposit contribution), you’d be likely to get less than £11k from a VW dealer.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

SRGTD wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:22 am
List price for the 95ps 5 speed Manual is £17,510. Sticker price of used examples registered Oct - Dec 2018 (Polo Beats 95ps 5 speed manual with 5k-6k miles) on VW website is in the range £14.5k - £15.5k. There are a couple of sub £14k examples for sale through dealers on Autotrader.

So using the 85% sticker price as a guide, based on the VW website prices, hope for £12.3k - £13.2k. Without knowing what the incentives are on the Beats model, 65% of RRP gives a figure of £11.4k, so after allowing for incentives (assuming these include a finance deposit contribution), you’d be likely to get less than £11k from a VW dealer.
We want any car have offered me £12203.
I may take them up on that, it wouldn't leave me much to stump up to settle the finance and just get rid.
This is where damn private plates are a pain though....getting that sorted....
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Private plate should be as easy as stick it on retention which is instant https://www.personalisedvehicleregistra ... cle-lookup

New V5C should come within a week, sometimes faster
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

alexperkins wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:03 pm Private plate should be as easy as stick it on retention which is instant https://www.personalisedvehicleregistra ... cle-lookup

New V5C should come within a week, sometimes faster
Ah, cool, for some reason I thought I'd need VW's assistance in doing this.
Cheers.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

If its on VWs standard PCP, youll just need to call VWFS and update the registration they have on file (free)
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

alexperkins wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:07 pm If its on VWs standard PCP, youll just need to call VWFS and update the registration they have on file (free)
Thanks again.