Is there a perminent Stop start fix yet?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
antz81
New
Drives: 2018 1.0TSI 5spd

Re: Is there a perminent Stop start fix yet?

Post by antz81 »

I HATE it on every auto I've ever driven. Turn it off as soon as I get it. But on the Polo (manual) I've never been tempted to turn it off. Must be because I am still in control of when it can operate.
will3733
New
Drives: 2014

Post by will3733 »

Does anyone know if it is possible to reverse the functionality of the button?

I don't want to disable the function completely but would like it to be turned off by default when I start the car and come on when I press the button

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvRfyZJq90

This guy has done what I would like using VCDS in an Audi

I tried to follow it but I couldn't find the same options in VCDS.
Slider09
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 Polo 1.2 SE

Post by Slider09 »

will3733 wrote:Does anyone know if it is possible to reverse the functionality of the button?

I don't want to disable the function completely but would like it to be turned off by default when I start the car and come on when I press the button

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvRfyZJq90

This guy has done what I would like using VCDS in an Audi

I tried to follow it but I couldn't find the same options in VCDS.
I have reversed the function of the s/s in my Golf R using Autowatch Ghost (so off by default, push the button to turn on).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Some people are asking how to disable their stop/start for good. The problem there is, in the UK so many councils are really out to prosecute drivers, especially the ones on school runs who sit and wait for their kids while the engine is running.
OK you can say "turn the engine off", but in the winter time when the car drivers get there really early so their little darlings don't have to walk too far, they are getting there 30+ minutes early, and you know how fast the interior of the car cools down.
One thing about the start/stop, while sitting in the car the engine will start if you accidently touch the wheel and it moves a fraction, the engine will start.
ozmale
New
Drives: 2018 AW Polo GTI 2.0L

Post by ozmale »

Found a permanent fix for my AW Polo GTI, no coding needed.

I cannot take credit for this as I found the idea on an obscure VW site. The poster said he got it from a VW executive. But it works

On the battery there is a little plug that connects to a sensor, you simply unplug the plug. I have had it done now for several days.
You do get on warning message similar to warning you to turn on the headlights. The warning message clears automatically after a few seconds or if you press "OK". It only seems to happen once, per day as I can work out.
This seems to have no affect on anything else.

Chris ]
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Thank you I am going to give that a try.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

I tried it on my GTI at december last year problem is that error and if I remeber correctly than there was permanent warning triangle on AID. I worked for subcontractor making same sensors for Benz. That sensor meassure battery voltage and report it to ECU. This trick is prety much same thing like setting minimum voltage for SS in ECU. In this case ECU just don't know what that voltage is.

// I took another look at that photo. Funny enough that cable with tag CZ-AKK ... that cable is from that subcontractor I worked for. It is Czech Republic AutoKabel Krupka :D also that mean I will sell my gti very soon. Production there was at least very shady and there was a lot of things wrong while we made BMW cables for first gen one series. I will honestly say that Iam suprised they didn't burned from loose cables or broken connectors.