Polo GTI plus 2019 colours

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
aron.phelan
New

Polo GTI plus 2019 colours

Post by aron.phelan »

Hi all

We are going to order the car next Sunday...10-12 month lead time !! we’ve gone for panoramic roof.

However we are are still arguing over the colour 🙄

I like the Reef Blue my GF and our kids like the Pearl Black. I have a sweet tooth for the white.

I know it’s a personal choice but what do you all think about which colour to go for ? Also the red panel inside yes or no ?

Thanks to you all
Last edited by aron.phelan on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: Polo GTI plus 2019 colours

Post by johnpolo2 »

You will get a myriad of answers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

We've got a red one and a white one. Red was my first choice- I do like the way it seems to glow in the light in a way that the white one doesn't.

First one I ever saw in the flesh was reef blue. I really like blue cars (just sold a Lapiz Blue Golf R), but thought reef was a bit dark and didn't seem a GTI colour.

Had a few black cars in my time and they show up every paint swirl and look filthy when they're not immaculately clean (show muck too easily).

I have red dash inserts on the red GTI+ and deep iron on the white one. I prefer the deep gloss finish of the iron to the red anodized look. Deep gloss metallic redor flash red might've been better.

When you say "going to buy", do you mean placing a factory fresh order or choice of some cars already built or in stock?
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

aron.phelan wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:21 am Hi all

We are going to buy the car next Sunday...

However we are are still arguing over the colour 🙄

I like the Reef Blue my GF and our kids like the Pearl Black. I have a sweet tooth for the white.

I know it’s a personal choice but what do you all think about which colour to go for ? Also the red panel inside yes or no ?

Thanks to you all
Congrats! Please dont forget to tick all the options boxes too, it really makes for a complete package at the end of the day.

Indeed, it's completely up to you as to the choice of colour. My 2 cents on this topic, white is the way to go because you can black-out parts for better effect. If you also choose to black out all the windows and roof as well it makes the contrast of white and black look awesome!

Stay away from black coloured vehicles because you forever washing them to keep it clean. I do love that reef blue colour but feel it may get old after a year or two. Sadly, we dont have limestone grey as an option here in SA otherwise I might have been swayed from the vanilla white and then wrapped it with ClearBra to protect the paint :P

In the end I bought the same old white colour again, very happy.
aron.phelan
New

Post by aron.phelan »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:40 am We've got a red one and a white one. Red was my first choice- I do like the way it seems to glow in the light in a way that the white one doesn't.

First one I ever saw in the flesh was reef blue. I really like blue cars (just sold a Lapiz Blue Golf R), but thought reef was a bit dark and didn't seem a GTI colour.

Had a few black cars in my time and they show up every paint swirl and look filthy when they're not immaculately clean (show muck too easily).

I have red dash inserts on the red GTI+ and deep iron on the white one. I prefer the deep gloss finish of the iron to the red anodized look. Deep gloss metallic redor flash red might've been better.

When you say "going to buy", do you mean placing a factory fresh order or choice of some cars already built or in stock?

Factory fresh they are saying 10-12 months lead time though I think that’s a sales tactic to move stock cars.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

10 to 12 months is plausible- some here have faced a 12-14 month wait, although they seem to be coming through quicker now.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:58 am 10 to 12 months is plausible- some here have faced a 12-14 month wait, although they seem to be coming through quicker now.
And here in SA we get them in 3 months :P
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@aron.phelan - you’ll get lots of different views to the questions you’ve asked, that may make your decision even more difficult! Purely from a personal preference I’d say no to the red dash pad; I prefer the grey no cost option that surprisingly isn’t available with all paint colour choices in the UK (I don’t think you can have grey dash pads with Limestone Grey paint).

As for paint colour; how important to you is keeping the paintwork looking factory fresh? If you don’t use a ‘safe’ wash technique (pre-wash followed by a two bucket method wash using a lambs wool mitt and dedicated micro fibre towels for drying or a warm air dryer), then dark paint colours probably aren’t the best choice, as the paint will very quickly get swirled from using the old fashioned ‘unsafe’ wash method (a single bucket, old fashioned sponge and wash leather).

Also, if you use one of the many £5 hand car wash outfits to wash your car, and you’re happy to let the dealer undertake the complementary service wash when your car’s back at the dealership for servicing, warranty work or repairs, a dark coloured paint will soon show up the swirl marks.

So for me, a poor washing technique would rule out Black or Reef Blue.

Of the remaining three colours - Pure White, Flash Red or Limestone Grey - White is the easiest to maintain, it doesn’t show water marks and hides swirls quite well. It’s also easiest to touch in the inevitable stone chips when they happen. Red looks good too (in my opinion) but any stone chips show up quite badly as VW use light coloured primers. Limestone Grey seems to be a bit of a ‘marmite’ colour - it looks very good in bright sunny conditions, but can look a bit mushroom beige in poorer lighting conditions.

In all probability, my next car will be a Polo GTI+ and I’ll be choosing Pure White with Grey dashpads. I’d be happy to have Flash Red or Reef Blue too (my current previous generation Polo GTI is Blue Silk) as I enjoy car detailing, so like keeping my car looking good, plus I’ve got the time to do it as I’m retired. I’d not choose black as I’ve owned lots of black cars in the past, they’re a labour of love to keep looking good, and they only look clean just after being washed - 30 minutes later and you’ll see that heavy layer of dust that a white car will hide pretty well.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

OomStu_ZA wrote:
monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:58 am 10 to 12 months is plausible- some here have faced a 12-14 month wait, although they seem to be coming through quicker now.
Yes we've noticed. [emoji57][emoji6]

OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:01 am
OomStu_ZA wrote:

Still odd ya'll in EU should wait so long. My BMT Polo from Spain only took 4 months from date of order to arrive in SA by boat. I suspect the WLTP implementation caught VW a little behind the curve for whatever reason and are now playing catch up.
proalves
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI AW1 2019

Post by proalves »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:04 am
OomStu_ZA wrote:

Still odd ya'll in EU should wait so long. My BMT Polo from Spain only took 4 months from date of order to arrive in SA by boat. I suspect the WLTP implementation caught VW a little behind the curve for whatever reason and are now playing catch up.
Mine would have been an exception 60 days to receive it.
Order made 5-04-2019 at the factory and was delivered on 5-06-2019.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Mine would have been an exception 60 days to receive it.
Order made 5-04-2019 at the factory and was delivered on 5-06-2019.
Would have been the same here but the dealer messed up my order by delivering a vehicle with red dash insert instead of iron black so had to wait a little longer while they sourced another vehicle with my spec. C'est la vie.
gegege
New
Drives: polo GTI 2019

Post by gegege »

See my reef blue polo gti.
reef blue polo gti
reef blue polo gti
johnpolo2
Gold Member