Polo R-Line - Order Status

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
afiedler
New
Drives: Polo Match

Polo R-Line - Order Status

Post by afiedler »

Hello Everyone - I'm new here so I apologise if I've not posted anything correctly!

I ordered a Polo R-Line 115PS Manual at the beginning of May 2019, and was told upon order that the current waiting time was 20 weeks. Which I was fine with, as it gave me a little longer to save more up for my final deposit.

However I still have not received a build date, and after speaking to the garage they have made me aware that production is switching over to the 2020 models, and I wouldn't receive a build date until this has been completed.

I have just spoken to someone on the VW chat forum and they have confirmed that this won't be completed until August, and I am currently on a waiting list to receive my build date after then.

They also let me know that the 20 week wait would be from when I receive my build date, not from when I first ordered the car!! :shock:

I don't really know what to think about this, as that means I won't receive my car until the January/February 2020, possibly even later than that depending on how far down I am on the waiting list.

I've thought about cancelling and getting a car from elsewhere, but I have already paid a £500 reservation fee, which I wouldn't get refunded on :(
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Re: Polo R-Line - Order Status

Post by l3rady »

That really sucks that VW still hasn't got their backlog sorted out yet and that you could be still waiting 9+ months if not more.

I cannot see how your VW garage can keep your £500 deposit if the car hasn't made its way into build yet, let alone you haven't been given a confirmed build date. You should be able to cancel the order before it is built and get your deposit back.

I would talk with your garage to discuss you want to cancel and see what they say. If they quoted you a 20-week delivery and now are negging on that then there is no way they can keep hold of that deposit.
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Re: Polo R-Line - Order Status

Post by l3rady »

Having a quick look online it does appear that the dealer can keep the deposit if you have signed that order form contract.

Have a read through your order contract as many contracts do have clauses regarding delays that may allow you to cancel your contract.
Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 09.45.56.png
section 2c from my contract may be in yours and may help you out