Quickest time from order to delivery? Gti +

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Steben
New
Drives: Gti plus on order

Quickest time from order to delivery? Gti +

Post by Steben »

Hi all ,I know most people on here have waited way too long for their cars but I was wondering if the dealers are now giving more accurate dates ? I ordered mine 3 1/2 months ago and estimates originally were another 2 months . Not expecting it until end of year though 😕. Who's got the quickest order to delivery time ?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Quickest time from order to delivery? Gti +

Post by monkeyhanger »

Steben wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:13 pm Hi all ,I know most people on here have waited way too long for their cars but I was wondering if the dealers are now giving more accurate dates ? I ordered mine 3 1/2 months ago and estimates originally were another 2 months . Not expecting it until end of year though 😕. Who's got the quickest order to delivery time ?
It'll be someone with a LHD model that's built in Spain - average 3 months from order to delivery.
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

Mine was ordered 13 th May , I have received a build week notice for August 5th and have been told to allow 4 weeks for delivery, we will see !! Either way it’s much sooner than last years customers were having to deal with .
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Mike222 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:18 pm Mine was ordered 13 th May , I have received a build week notice for August 5th and have been told to allow 4 weeks for delivery, we will see !! Either way it’s much sooner than last years customers were having to deal with .
Four weeks delivery from South Africa sounds a little optimistic. Based on other forum members’ experiences, I think it’s more likely to be six-eight weeks.

If your car’s build week doesn’t change, if I were you, I’d be expecting to take delivery in early October.

Still much quicker than some of the other forum members.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

Mike222 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:18 pm Mine was ordered 13 th May , I have received a build week notice for August 5th and have been told to allow 4 weeks for delivery, we will see !! Either way it’s much sooner than last years customers were having to deal with .
Your lucky getting yours so quick. I ordered my Polo Sel on 17 February and got a build week of 37 (9th September).
proalves
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI AW1 2019

Post by proalves »

Mine since the order took exactly 2 months to deliver is an LHD model built in Spain.
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

People won't be dealing with the almighty WLTP screw up that caused additional delays to those who ordered pre Sept 2018.
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

Ordered mid March this year, scheduled to arrive the first week of July.

LHD, built to my spec. I think I got the sweet spot just between the switch from Spain to South Africa
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:03 pm Four weeks delivery from South Africa sounds a little optimistic. Based on other forum members’ experiences, I think it’s more likely to be six-eight weeks.
I agree 4 weeks is optimistic. I was always told 4-6 weeks delivery from my dealer but here we are on week 8 from built and the car still isn't at the dealer, still stuck waiting for the transporter to pick it up from UK dock. Along with a 2 week late build week to what was given when ordering, the car is now a month late to what was estimated. From order to delivery we are looking at exactly 9 months if the car comes this week.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

It's generally a 4 week voyage between SA (Port Elizabeth?) and Emden alone.

You need a few days either end to get on the ship, and get off at Emden and get another ship to the UK. Factor in a minimum of 5 days from landing in the UK to clearing customs and getting to the dealership and you're talking 7 weeks average.
afiedler
New
Drives: Polo Match

Post by afiedler »

I ordered my R-Line Polo the first week of May, and I have only just found out from my dealer an unconfirmed build date of end September. Though it's still unconfirmed so could change, but would bring my delivery date to end of November.

That's nearly a 7 month wait.
l3rady
Bronze Member

Post by l3rady »

afiedler wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:59 am I ordered my R-Line Polo the first week of May, and I have only just found out from my dealer an unconfirmed build date of end September. Though it's still unconfirmed so could change, but would bring my delivery date to end of November.

Thing is though that 7 month is still a lot less than what people have been waiting for those that are just getting their cars now. The deliveries are getting shorter but still way off and a massive backlog.
Cro_vw
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 2018 115bhp Highline

Post by Cro_vw »

afiedler wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:59 am I ordered my R-Line Polo the first week of May, and I have only just found out from my dealer an unconfirmed build date of end September. Though it's still unconfirmed so could change, but would bring my delivery date to end of November.

I oredered my Hihgline the last week of January, still not built. Delivery date is June 19'. So I guess I'll wait more.. I don't even know where is produced SA or Spain.
NL-GTI
New
Drives: Reef Blue GTI

Post by NL-GTI »

phillos wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:39 pm Ordered mid March this year, scheduled to arrive the first week of July.

LHD, built to my spec. I think I got the sweet spot just between the switch from Spain to South Africa
Hi,

I really don't understand why you get yours so quick.
I ordered the 14th Februari 2019 and confirmed buildweek was 23.(LHD)
When was this switch from Spain to South Africa?
AndyT
New

Post by AndyT »

I have just picked up a Polo GTI Plus and they were in stock via a lease company. BArgain price too of just 190ukp a month with 1800 deposit. Theres no way I would wait for a car like some of you are doing.