GTI/GTI+ PCP Deposit Contribution

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

GTI/GTI+ PCP Deposit Contribution

Post by TurboTrev »

Unfortunately, I see that there is no deposit contribution available for the GTI/GTI+ in this quarter. Let's hope it becomes available in the next quarter, commencing 1st July. Out of curiosity, was a contribution available in the 1st quarter of this year, or the last couple of quarters last year? Thanks.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: GTI/GTI+ PCP Deposit Contribution

Post by monkeyhanger »

TurboTrev wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:20 pm Unfortunately, I see that there is no deposit contribution available for the GTI/GTI+ in this quarter. Let's hope it becomes available in the next quarter, commencing 1st July. Out of curiosity, was a contribution available in the 1st quarter of this year, or the last couple of quarters last year? Thanks.
If it was ever available on the GTI/+, it would've only been briefly in the first few months of 2018. If it had've been available, I'd have taken out the PCP to get it, then paid it off within the first 14 days to score for it.

I would not expect one on the foreseeable.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

There’ve been very few VW offers of any sort on the GTI / GTI+. I suspect it’s meeting (and exceeding) all the sales targets VW set for it, so they don’t need to offer any buyer incentives to help generate sales.

I think both the GTI and GTI+ may have been initially included under the Polo 12 months free insurance scheme. If they were, it was only for a very short period - both these models are currently excluded.

For anyone delaying placing an order for a GTI / GTI+ in the hope that VW offer a finance deposit contribution on these two models in the near future, don’t be surprised if you find yourself waiting a long time.
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

^^^Thanks for your replies. Yes, we placed our polo gti+ order in April 2018 but when we discovered 6 weeks later that it may be a year to wait for delivery, we cancelled and bought a T Roc R line that had just come into stock (May 2018).

Fast forward 13 months to last week when we were in our dealers and I asked out of curiosity whether they had any GTI+s in the pipeline for delivery within the next few weeks. Unbelievably, the car we had ordered some 14 months earlier had just been built and was currently awaiting shipment from SA and due in the dealers around the end of July. A deal was struck and the GTI+ is once again ours. 8) Reef blue, black roof/mirrors, sat nav, winter pack, reversing camera, 18" brescias and a 5 year factory warranty. 8)
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

You’re lucky to get a 5 year factory warranty - hasn’t been available on UK cars since the middle of last year.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:23 pm You’re lucky to get a 5 year factory warranty - hasn’t been available on UK cars since the middle of last year.
If i'd have pushed for it, I could've had it on our Red GTI+ before I took delivery, you could have it on cars ordered before the end of May 2018, even if it is delivered later.

Had it on the Golf R and A1 - in a private sale to an independent dealer, it made a difference on the Golf R, not sure whether it did for the A1, but the local garage was the best offer I got on Tootle. Those shady robbers at the local Audi garage gave me no recognition for the remaining 2 services on the service pack that was bought and paid for, claiming that it wasn't transferrable, even though I knew categorically that it was.