Polo GTI + bought today!

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
aron.phelan
New

Polo GTI + bought today!

Post by aron.phelan »

Hi all

So I finally did it today and put down 2 grand as a deposit for a Polo GTI + in white so great advice from everyone on the colour. It was the hardest decision to make about the car. I went for the following extras...
18 inch wheels
Beats sound system
Panoramic sunroof
Climate control
Deep iron dashboard pad
Park assist steering
Rear view camera

So the dealer told me there might be delays due to new emission rules coming in ? I knew the build times were longer than usual however I’m a bit concerned with this and of course Brexit. If we come out of Europe in October with no deal will my car have extra tariff or taxes added on such as import duties ?

Here’s hoping I get it before we go out of Europe 😡
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Polo GTI + bought today!

Post by monkeyhanger »

aron.phelan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:52 pm Hi all

So I finally did it today and put down 2 grand as a deposit for a Polo GTI + in white so great advice from everyone on the colour. It was the hardest decision to make about the car. I went for the following extras...
18 inch wheels
Beats sound system
Panoramic sunroof
Climate control
Deep iron dashboard pad
Park assist steering
Rear view camera

So the dealer told me there might be delays due to new emission rules coming in ? I knew the build times were longer than usual however I’m a bit concerned with this and of course Brexit. If we come out of Europe in October with no deal will my car have extra tariff or taxes added on such as import duties ?

Here’s hoping I get it before we go out of Europe 😡
For orders placed after Jan this year, there's been the threat of a 10% EU tariff based on a hard Brexit becoming a reality.

If anything's going to delay your build, it'll be the sunroof. The Polo is such a doddle to park, with excellent all round visibility, so if you did want to save the pennies, I'd skip the park assist and camera unless you literally want to back into 3 inches off an obstacle (camera).

18" wheels look good and no real comfort penalty for speccing them. Get shot if the standard fit awful Bridgestone Turanza tyres for Michelin PS4 and the car will be so much better for it.

We have the camera on one of our GTI+, but when I'm driving the other without, I don't miss it.

Climate control is something I half wish I specced, after having it on my last 2 Golfs as standard fit.
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

Congrats on your order, the GTi is a great car to drive! I think your dealer is making stuff up though, the emissions issues were last year and the Polo has now been certified for the new WLTP standards. I think the delays from ordered to delivery do seem to be getting a bit less looking at some of the threads on here.

My car has the reverse camera (was a pre-ordered car so I could jump the queue) and tbh I just don't use it, I find the standard front and rear parking sensors much more helpful when parking. Have also tried self parking in a couple of cars and while it is amusing it takes FAR longer to park than any half decent driver can park themselves (and lots of forum posts for various makes of them smacking curbs and damaging alloys!), I personally wouldn't pay extra for either option. I do miss having sunroofs in cars though, up until my last car I had had them in the previous 4 cars and loved having them.
aron.phelan
New

Post by aron.phelan »

So I have my Order Number today ! Now let’s see how long it will take !! I’m hoping it won’t be the 12 month wait like orders from 2018 !!

I thought waiting for my kids to arrive after 9 months was stressful this is worse !!
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

"So the dealer told me there might be delays due to new emission rules coming in".

More emission rules since the new standard introduced last September that slowed down orders for those who ordered before then?
aron.phelan
New

Post by aron.phelan »

Must of meant the rules that came in last year
Steben
New
Drives: Gti plus on order

Post by Steben »

Sinclairs swansea has a white plus with brechias, panoramic roof , auto climate and red dash pad, alcantara seats , stunning. My red with black roof ordered March 3rd has a build week in 7 weeks so expecting delivery October !
aron.phelan
New

Post by aron.phelan »

Steben wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:03 am Sinclairs swansea has a white plus with brechias, panoramic roof , auto climate and red dash pad, alcantara seats , stunning. My red with black roof ordered March 3rd has a build week in 7 weeks so expecting delivery October !
I am only stage 2 on the app 🙄
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

aron.phelan wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:52 pm
Steben wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:03 am Sinclairs swansea has a white plus with brechias, panoramic roof , auto climate and red dash pad, alcantara seats , stunning. My red with black roof ordered March 3rd has a build week in 7 weeks so expecting delivery October !
I am only stage 2 on the app 🙄
I ordered my Polo SEL in February with a few options add ons and I got estimated build week of 37 (9 September).

If your not in a rush to get the car best thing is put it to back of your mind. It be worth the wait.
aron.phelan
New

Post by aron.phelan »

So today I got told the confirmation build week will be in August then a 7 week shipping forecast. So it’s looking like October. Making it about 5 months in total. If the brexiteers can hold off the hard brexit for a month I hopefully won’t have any additional tariffs to pay !!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

aron.phelan wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:51 am So today I got told the confirmation build week will be in August then a 7 week shipping forecast. So it’s looking like October. Making it about 5 months in total. If the brexiteers can hold off the hard brexit for a month I hopefully won’t have any additional tariffs to pay !!
I seriously doubt we'll see car tariffs. All those German, Italian, French, Belgian, Czech and Spanish built cars are going to get a tariff to come into the UK and become 10% more expensive? The Europeans don't want that as it'll hurt their sales. We don't want British built Nissans, JLRs, Vauxhalls and Minis to become expensive to EU buyers either.