GTI+Steering Wheel Diameter

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Jamie_Posh
New
Drives: None

GTI+Steering Wheel Diameter

Post by Jamie_Posh »

Hi,

Tried looking online for this but wondering if a current owner could tell me the diameter of the Polo GTI+ steering wheel.

My new build estate is getting a lot of cars nicked by jealous locals and professional car jackers recently so wanting to add an extra layer of dissuasion from day one to my currently on order polo gti+ with a disklok.

Appreciate any help or if someone knows a link for the dimensions from VW.

Thanks.
Polovivo
Getting There!
Drives: TSi AW / GTi AW

Re: GTI+Steering Wheel Diameter

Post by Polovivo »

Steering wheel diameter is exactly the same as found on the Golf 7, 7.5 GTi or R.
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

Why some one didn’t just give a number !! 37 cm
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Mike222 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:18 pm Why some one didn’t just give a number !! 37 cm
That’s what I was thinking Mike.

Golf GTI and R owners on golfgtiforum.co.uk and vwroc.com who’ve got a Disklok have the small sized one, so that’s the one you should get for the Polo GTI+.

It’s probably worth considering getting the Disklok steering wheel cover as well, to minimise the risk of the Disklok marking the leather steering wheel cover. Also, consider getting the storage bag which has Velcro fastenings, so you can attach the storage bag + Disklok to the boot floor when it’s not in use; much safer than leaving the Disklok laying loose in the car, with the risk of it becoming a dangerous projectile that could cause a serious injury in the event of an accident.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

One thing to remember is, the Disklok bag/case has Velcro on the back/base of it, and it does is job very well, so if you are in a hurry, when you grab the Disklok case to open it, just remember that the material that the case is made of is not very strong, and the opening is also "closed" using Velcro, so it is only too easy to open the case starting at a Velcro section and tearing the sewn material beyond the opening - but that not a reason to avoid buying the case and protector glove/sleeve.

Maybe consider buying the yellow version of Disklok, I only considered that after I had bought mine in a rush, and from my local Halfords and they only stocked the tamer grey/silver painted one.

Seems like all VW Group cars tend to use the small size, well my 2011 S4 does just like your Polo GTI+.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Mike222 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:18 pm Why some one didn’t just give a number !! 37 cm
Very true "Mike222" why couldn't some body just go outside and measure their steering wheel and answer the question? Instead of

"Steering wheel diameter is exactly the same as found on the Golf 7, 7.5 GTi or R."

All the guy wanted was a measurement, as simple as that so he could go out and purchase the correct sized disc lock. All very well going into Halfords and asking for a disc lock that also fits a Golf 7, 7.5, GTI or R?
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Cue the tumble weed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jamie_Posh
New
Drives: None

Post by Jamie_Posh »

Thanks all

RUM4MO wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:42 pm Maybe consider buying the yellow version of Disklok, I only considered that after I had bought mine in a rush, and from my local Halfords and they only stocked the tamer grey/silver painted one.
Out of interest why do you recommend the yellow one? Just for visibility?
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Jamie_Posh wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:53 am Thanks all

RUM4MO wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:42 pm Maybe consider buying the yellow version of Disklok, I only considered that after I had bought mine in a rush, and from my local Halfords and they only stocked the tamer grey/silver painted one.
Out of interest why do you recommend the yellow one? Just for visibility?
Exactly, a bit less tasteful visually, but possibly a better deterrent as making them move onto an easier car as soon as possible must be a good plan.