New Polo GTI Plus Nav question

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Re: New Polo GTI Plus Nav question

Post by Dark_cze »

Today I found that I can have stock navigation on AID and waze on infotaiment screen both at the same time :-D mostly useless but I was sure it is not possible :shock:
Attachments
20190704_210900.jpg
fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Post by fazzy »

Dark_cze wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:07 pm Today I found that I can have stock navigation on AID and waze on infotaiment screen both at the same time :-D mostly useless but I was sure it is not possible :shock:
Yes, you can, until you enter the destination and press start. Then it switches the car navigation off.
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

fazzy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:19 am Yes, you can, until you enter the destination and press start. Then it switches the car navigation off.
I did enter my destination on waze and it was still on both :D will try more later today :)
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

Sorry to resurrect this thread. Wife's GTI+ has factory sat nav fitted. I'm sure this may have been answered earlier in the thread, but can anyone confirm whether the factory nav re-routes in the event of an accident/lane closure etc.? If so, do you have to turn this functionallity on - wife says hers is not re-routing? Many thanks.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

TurboTrev wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:39 pm Sorry to resurrect this thread. Wife's GTI+ has factory sat nav fitted. I'm sure this may have been answered earlier in the thread, but can anyone confirm whether the factory nav re-routes in the event of an accident/lane closure etc.? If so, do you have to turn this functionallity on - wife says hers is not re-routing? Many thanks.
I don't think it does reroute. It doesn't seem like it is aware of changing traffic conditions to reroute dynamically. J have used mine 3 times. There are better options on your mobile phone.
TurboTrev
Getting There!

Post by TurboTrev »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:41 pm
TurboTrev wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:39 pm Sorry to resurrect this thread. Wife's GTI+ has factory sat nav fitted. I'm sure this may have been answered earlier in the thread, but can anyone confirm whether the factory nav re-routes in the event of an accident/lane closure etc.? If so, do you have to turn this functionallity on - wife says hers is not re-routing? Many thanks.
I don't think it does reroute. It doesn't seem like it is aware of changing traffic conditions to reroute dynamically. J have used mine 3 times. There are better options on your mobile phone.
Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid I'm useless with technolgy, so we'll just have to make do. We've only just got smartphones this year and I still I don't know how to get it operating in the car, never mind use apps in it.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

There's some really helpful videos on YouTube. With most modern phones (Android/Apple) it's pretty much plug in and go.

https://youtu.be/BqYmjFlzRuU

This video might be helpful. :)
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

S_94 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:34 pm There's some really helpful videos on YouTube. With most modern phones (Android/Apple) it's pretty much plug in and go.

not really it is made for previous gen units :)
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Dark_cze wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:31 pm
S_94 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:34 pm There's some really helpful videos on YouTube. With most modern phones (Android/Apple) it's pretty much plug in and go.

not really it is made for previous gen units :)
To be fair it's hardly much different on current gen units. It's still plug & go essentially.

More updated version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaLhUBaB10E
TurboTrev
Getting There!

Post by TurboTrev »

Just in case anyone is interested, the sat nav does have dynamic route capability, but this will only work if "Dynamic Route" is ticked in the sat nav menu. :)