Black emblems

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TallBickler
New
Drives: MK10 AW GTI+

Black emblems

Post by TallBickler »

Hey,

I’ve got a GTI+ and would like to get some black emblems for the car. Having a hard time finding any for this model online, can anyone help me out?

I’ve emailed auto village a few days ago, and just sent one VWmidlands way. Just putting the feelers out in case someone knows where to look.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Re: Black emblems

Post by Griff74 »

The model is still pretty new so places probably haven't started doing them yet BUT I doubt anyone will do one for the front anytime soon (if at all) due to the front badge containing the radar for emergency braking (and ACC if your car is equipped) which would make it very expensive and probably a safety liability for a 3rd party to do.
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

I've seen it done on current model polos where the rear emblem was wrapped and the front was covered with 90% window tint.

As already stated the front emblem now houses the radar so cannot be changed to the older style emblem that is embossed/3d. Any covering needs to allow the radar to pass through it.
TallBickler
New
Drives: MK10 AW GTI+

Post by TallBickler »

Thanks for the info lads. Didn’t realise the radar and ACC was in there, though that makes sense now as it has that Perspex cover over the badge! Will look into a wrap and tint, thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk