Chrome Exhaust Deflector Fell Off After 2 Weeks

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
bsaid97
New
Drives: Polo AW 2019

Chrome Exhaust Deflector Fell Off After 2 Weeks

Post by bsaid97 »

Got my Polo R-Line about 2 weeks ago, was driving home yesterday and when I got home I found the right side chrome exhaust deflector had fallen off while I was driving. Unfortunately I didn't notice that it had fallen off until I got home and looked back at my car.

Going to go to my dealer tomorrow and I'll see what they tell me, I expect them to say either a) someone stole it or b) I was involved in an accident that made it fall off. Hopefully they'll do the right thing and just replace it for me...

Here's a pic:
IMG_0886.jpeg
What do you guys think? Should they replace it or will it be a struggle?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Chrome Exhaust Deflector Fell Off After 2 Weeks

Post by monkeyhanger »

bsaid97 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:34 pm Got my Polo R-Line about 2 weeks ago, was driving home yesterday and when I got home I found the right side chrome exhaust deflector had fallen off while I was driving. Unfortunately I didn't notice that it had fallen off until I got home and looked back at my car.

Going to go to my dealer tomorrow andj I'll see what they tell me, I expect them to say either a) someone stole it or b) I was involved in an accident that made it fall off. Hopefully they'll do the right thing and just replace it for me...

Here's a pic: IMG_0886.jpeg

What do you guys think? Should they replace it or will it be a struggle?
It will be a struggle because VW aftersales are diabolical for anything other than mechanical issues.

If they go down the "someone must have stolen it" route - point out that there are no tool marks around where it used to be.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Chrome Exhaust Deflector Fell Off After 2 Weeks

Post by RUM4MO »

Maybe your opening comments should include, "well obviously it was either not fitted correctly at the factory or that trim or where it fits into were not manufactured correctly or broken during/prior to initial assembly".

Typically all visible "shiny" trim parts should be quite difficult to remove - for obvious reasons!