Colour

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Magpie-01
New
Drives: Polo r line

Colour

Post by Magpie-01 »

What is the preferred colour on here for Polo GTI +
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Colour

Post by SRGTD »

If you’re hoping it’ll help you choose a colour for a new GTI+, then it probably won’t, as colour choice is a personal thing and one person’s preferred colour will be another person’s least favourite.

The GTI colour palette is pretty limited (white, red, blue, black or grey), so not a very inspiring range of colours to choose from. If I was ordering a new GTI+ now, considering aspects such as ease of maintenance, hiding swirls, and colour matching if you’re unfortunate enough to need paint repairs, I’d go for white.

But you should go for the colour you like the most and not be influenced by others and end up with a colour choice you later regret.
roakley
New
Drives: GTI Plus

Post by roakley »

White for me with black roof and caps! :)
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Just personal preference I chose White w/ Black pack as I think it looks the best. But yeah I'm sure many people would disagree!

I love it but it's a nightmare to keep clean. Not sure if it's only a White car problem but mine seems to attract bugs like something else, maybe it's just this time of year?

Done quite a few washes now removing dead bugs from the front... :roll:
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

We've got a red one and a white one - I prefer the red one by far, although the next best for me was white, with a lack of decent silver/grey options (Limestone grey is very mushroom in most lights). Black is a nightmare for swirls and to keep clean, reef blue is fine but IMO not a GTI colour and I'd prefer a lighter and brighter blue like Golf R Lapiz blue or Audi S series Sepang Blue.
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

As has been said colour choice for a car is a very personal thing so obviously the answer is Reef blue. :mrgreen:
Attachments
20190629_120239.jpg
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

I have a Limestone grey on order
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

My mates got a "Limestone grey", it's not a bad colour, but it's a different colour when in bright sunlight.
I have the "Orange" on my SEL, and when the sun shines on that, where the body creases are, you can get two very different colours of orange.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

TBH I would probably go for the red. It kind of feels traditional for a GTI. second choice white. in any other grade Polo I think the Blue looks good
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

I have red and it is a very traditional GTi colour.
As it is the +, it benefits from the nicely contrasting rear tinted glass.
I have also seen in person, black, white and blue, the latter being the better looking of those three.
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

I got a black GTI and love the colour with the red accents from the badges and front line. Looks very badass. However, keeping it looking clean and swirl-free is a labour of love.

I live in London and there is a lot of dust and soot in the air so as soon as it rains the car shows dirt right away. I did get my car ceramic coated from day 1 and wash my car using the safe washing method so I hope that swirls and scratches stay at bay.

Despite all that I don't think I would pick another colour other than the blue if I was to pick again.
E10
New
Drives: Audi A3 Limousine 1.4 S-line

Post by E10 »

White seems to be trending in Holland. On the Dutch Volkswagen stocklocator site you can select stock or stock ordered cars. When you select Polo GTI it shows 27 cars: 5 black, 2 blue, 3 grey, 5 red and 12 white. I ordered white. I realy like the match with the black pano, tinted rear windows, red GTI details and Clark upholstery on the seats.
green justin
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Post by green justin »

Personally I prefer blue, it has nice lighter and darker shades depending on the sun light. Do not go with a dark tint on the windows.llumar Light tint 50% contrasts greatly with blue.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

With the GTI & GTI+ your limited to very few colours, so somebody who likes a green or what ever, your out of luck.
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

I think the blue looks great personally, although a black or white car with the red detailing looks awesome too.