Upgrade Exhaust options?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
KIV237
New
Drives: Polo R line Mk 10

Upgrade Exhaust options?

Post by KIV237 »

Hi guys,

I’d love to upgrade my exhaust on my 2018 Polo R Line but Is it possible? Is there anything out there at the moment because the car is so new? Just want a bit more of a grumble, granted it’s only a 1 - L 115hp but I’ve seen Up!’s with nice sounded exhausts.

Thanks guys!
itsgninja
New
Drives: 1.0 TSI R Line

Re: Upgrade Exhaust options?

Post by itsgninja »

Looking to do the same to my R line. Ive seen many vids of catback resonated systems on various 1.0 TSI motors and it sounds great. Especially Milltek systems. Way to expensive here in SA though.

It is very possible but your warranty will most likely be voided.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

I had the rear box removed on my older 6c Polo 3pot and it sounded terrible so decided to keep it attached instead.
itsgninja
New
Drives: 1.0 TSI R Line

Post by itsgninja »

I replaced the back box on my previous 6c 1.2 TSI with a smaller one and the drone was hideous.
R15KXK
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 1.0 tsi 95

Post by R15KXK »

I have removed my resenator and backbox on 1.0 TSI here's a little video

https://www.instagram.com/p/Byez9oTndco ... _copy_link
cardiak
New
Drives: --

Post by cardiak »

itsgninja wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:24 am It is very possible but your warranty will most likely be voided.
Does anyone know more on this? e.g. I would safely assume the warranty on the exhaust is voided but how about the rest of the car?

I know some places honour that, as in if you change the exhaust you don't void all of it. But if you did the ECU then it's a total void of anything engine wise etc.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Government is trialling the use of sound cameras to include noisy exhausts. You'll all be trying to make them quieter again.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

Kinda torn with the idea of noise cameras. Want a nice loud sounding exhaust but completely understand the nuisance they cause. As a homeowner in the capital, I very regularly hear cars popping, banging and roaring in the middle of the night on the road over and have had to learn to deal with it.

I suspect once these cameras start rolling out there will be quite a demand for valved exhausts so they are not leary all the time. Also, apps like Waze will start reporting such cameras so that car owners with loud exhausts can avoid them or just don't thrash your car past them.

TBH some of the loudest exhausts I see around here actually come from motorcycles.
KIV237
New
Drives: Polo R line Mk 10

Post by KIV237 »

R15KXK wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:25 pm I have removed my resenator and backbox on 1.0 TSI here's a little video

That sounds amazing, how much did that cost, is that the Milltek exhaust system?
fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Post by fazzy »

Has anybody removed the GPF from the exhaust system?
R15KXK
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 1.0 tsi 95

Post by R15KXK »

KIV237 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:13 pm
R15KXK wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:25 pm I have removed my resenator and backbox on 1.0 TSI here's a little video

That sounds amazing, how much did that cost, is that the Milltek exhaust system?
No buddy not miltek, cost me £250 total
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

fazzy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:07 pm Has anybody removed the GPF from the exhaust system?
Don't think anyone has yet as doing so will throw ECU errors when the sensors don't see it there. Also the ECU I believe is tunned slightly differently with the GPF in mind.

As the ECU has been cracked now I would expect tunning companies to start offering GPF deletes in the future just like they do with DPFs