Central Armrest help needed

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
JohnF
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 Polo SE 95

Central Armrest help needed

Post by JohnF »

I want to install a central armrest in my 2018 SE, but have been told it will cost around £300 at my local VW garage.

I see there are cheaper alternatives to consider but I don't feel inclined to start drilling holes, nor would I be so confident as to whether it would fit as well as an original one.

Advice greatly appreciated!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Central Armrest help needed

Post by SRGTD »

Have you considered this one? Cost £89.95 and free delivery within the UK.

https://www.armster.co.uk/shop/vw-polo- ... cba1185463

Description says it’s easy installation and on the ‘Additional Information’ tab, it states a fitting time of approx 10 minutes. The various pictures include a set of diagrams for fitting.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

JohnF wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:26 am I want to install a central armrest in my 2018 SE, but have been told it will cost around £300 at my local VW garage.

I see there are cheaper alternatives to consider but I don't feel inclined to start drilling holes, nor would I be so confident as to whether it would fit as well as an original one.

See if one of the other VAG cars of MQB/A0 designation with same armrest are any cheaper e.g. Seat Arona/Ibiza. Alternatively, maybe try a breakers yard. Was that £300 fully fitted or parts cost only?
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Post by Adam_013 »

monkeyhanger wrote:
JohnF wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:26 am I want to install a central armrest in my 2018 SE, but have been told it will cost around £300 at my local VW garage.

See if one of the other VAG cars of MQB/A0 designation with same armrest are any cheaper e.g. Seat Arona/Ibiza. Alternatively, maybe try a breakers yard. Was that £300 fully fitted or parts cost only?
My arm rest I sourced from TPS so genuine parts cost just over £300 and that was only the parts and fitting kit. I fitted it myself.

I should add mine is the beats.
So the white / cream interior... May make a different in cost.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

JohnF
Getting There!

Post by JohnF »

Yes the Armster looks ok. No info on how to install though? Has anyone fitted one?

Or how about this leather Italian job!
https://www.armrests-design-mittelarmle ... -polo-2017
JohnF
Getting There!

Post by JohnF »

The £300 was fully fitted (£200 + VAT + fitting)
JohnF
Getting There!

Post by JohnF »

The Italian job I referred to is 114 euros incl shipping. Theer are lots of colour options too. There is a video which helps.
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

I believe it's the same unit as the Seat Ibiza, which various people have fitted to their cars (for a while it was in the accessories brochure)

https://www.seataccesoriescatalogue.net ... /1558/4252

Prices were around £100 for the parts
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php? ... za.443178/

Alternatively, in my Fabia, I got an armrest from a scrap yard. Cost me £30. Fairly easy to fit, and I believe the new version is similarly simple.

Edit: Just thought to confirm that it's the same unit, might be worth asking your dealership for the part numbers of what they need to order you and a breakdown etc, and then asking the Seat dealership in that link what the part numbers are!