First WLTP, now RDE

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

First WLTP, now RDE

Post by SRGTD »

This has cropped up over on golfgtiforum.co.uk.

RDE is part 2 of WLTP, and all cars registered on or after 1st September 2019 must’ve also passed the RDE tests. A member over on golfgtiforum.co.uk has been informed by their dealer that they can’t register their new 69 plate Golf GTI (or any other car as a 69 plate car for that matter) because of ‘a problem caused by the new WLTP/RDE regulations due to come into force on 01/09/2019’.

Does this suggest that VW may have been dragging their feet over RDE testing? Hopefully not a repeat of the WLTP debacle and the resultant delays that this caused for some customers in getting their cars registered................

https://caremissionstestingfacts.eu/rde ... ions-test/
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: First WLTP, now RDE

Post by RUM4MO »

You couldn't make this up could you?

So Brexit is not the only possible barrier, then Germany is said to be nose diving into recession, hum, what next?
aron.phelan
New

Post by aron.phelan »

When I bought my Polo GTI the dealer said there might be issues in the future with new tests I thought it was just the backlog 😡😡😡😡
karenwillson
New
Drives: sedan

Post by karenwillson »

Great Information it was very useful for me.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Another UK based forum member over on seatcupra.net has received a similar communication to the conversation the golfgtiforum.co.uk forum member had with their dealer, so it seems that there could be issues across the whole of VAG in getting cars registered for September delivery.

Does this mean cars will be stockpiled at ports awaiting shipment to the UK pending this RDE issue being resolved? If so, presumably there could be Brexit / import tariff implications for customers.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:28 am Another UK based forum member over on seatcupra.net has received a similar communication to the conversation the golfgtiforum.co.uk forum member had with their dealer, so it seems that there could be issues across the whole of VAG in getting cars registered for September delivery.

Does this mean cars will be stockpiled at ports awaiting shipment to the UK pending this RDE issue being resolved? If so, presumably there could be Brexit / import tariff implications for customers.
I had 6 weeks notice that I had to register my GTI before 16 Aug 18 thanks to WLTP, and didn't get a penny piece in compensation for having a late 18 reg car as opposed to a 68 reg car that would undoubtedly be worth less in a private sale or p/x.

Now there's people that've had literally 2 or 3 days notice with RDE.
aron.phelan
New

Post by aron.phelan »

Contacted my dealer. Build date 1st week of September. Delivered by 2nd week October for Polo GTI plus no delays
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

That's a quick turnaround from build to delivery, hopefully it goes smoothly.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

aron.phelan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:58 pm Contacted my dealer. Build date 1st week of September. Delivered by 2nd week October for Polo GTI plus no delays
That’s quite an optimistic timescale, bearing in mind the shipping time from South Africa to the UK usually takes 6-8 weeks.

Also, if this RDE issue is still unresolved when your car’s delivered to your dealer, they probably won’t be able to register it. If so, you’ll have the frustration of your car sitting at the dealership and not being able to take delivery ☹️.
aron.phelan
New

Post by aron.phelan »

Unless we come out of Europe on 31st October hard brexit then these euro emission rules may not apply ??? but I’ll have to pay the 10.8 % tariff ? What a palava 😂😂😂😂😡😡😡😂😂😂😂
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:28 am Another UK based forum member over on seatcupra.net has received a similar communication to the conversation the golfgtiforum.co.uk forum member had with their dealer, so it seems that there could be issues across the whole of VAG in getting cars registered for September delivery.

As long your car had landed on U.K. soil shouldn’t have worry about the import tariff implications.

And which engine is this RDE effecting the 1.0 engine or 2.0 engine.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Steve_2019 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:11 am

As long your car had landed on U.K. soil shouldn’t have worry about the import tariff implications.

And which engine is this RDE effecting the 1.0 engine or 2.0 engine.
It’s being reported on other VAG forums that there are issues with getting 2.0 Golf GTI Performance and 2.0 Seat Leon models registered. Whether it’s all 2.0 litre petrol engined models across all VAG brands or whether any other engines are affected isn’t clear.

Edit; it seems that the issue is with the Vehicle Certification Agency and cars built before 31st May that are to be registered on or after 01/09/2019. A forum member on VWROC.com also posted yesterday that their new Golf R - planned for 1st Sept delivery - also can’t currently be registered. They received an e-mail from their dealer advising the following;

“We are still waiting for formal approval from the Vehicle Certification Authority (VCA) for derogation that allows vehicles built before 31 May 2019 to be registered and sold from 1 September 2019 under the new RDE legislation.

Vehicles built before 31 May 2019 are excluded because the Vehicle Certification Authority (VCA) has yet to grant derogation for them, and these vehicles will have registration blocks applied to them from close of business on Tuesday 27 August.

We will provide more information as soon as we can.”

So, I’m assuming that cars built after 31/05/2019 can be registered as normal by the dealer..........
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Seems that things are moving.

The forum member over on seatcupra.net affected by this potential issue has just received confirmation that the VCA have granted Seat derogation that allows cars built before 31st May to be registered after 1st September.

If the VCA have agreed this for Seat, then presumably they’ll do the same for VW.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

aron.phelan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:00 pm Unless we come out of Europe on 31st October hard brexit then these euro emission rules may not apply ??? but I’ll have to pay the 10.8 % tariff ? What a palava 😂😂😂😂😡😡😡😂😂😂😂
Have you seen in the press and TV, how much discount German and French manufactures are giving away at the moment? More than enough to cover your 10.8% and still get a good discount.
They know they could be in trouble selling cars here.
Jack99
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Jack99 »

Hi all,

Ordered my new Polo GTI+ on the 3rd of August as it being sat in Bury st Edmunds dealership unregistered - told the salesman that I want to wait until September to take delivery as it seemed pointless having it on a 19 plate rather than a 69 for the sake of 3 weeks. Was given my handover date on day of purchase as 2nd of September at 10:30. Although on Friday 30th of August had a phone call from my dealer saying it won’t be handed over on the 2nd due to RDE delays and it should be sorted within 10 days.

Nothing heard back yet though, so VW haven’t been grated the certificate from the VCA like Seat have, only can be hopeful that it’s sorted soon. Makes it worse seeing my car sitting in the dealership car lot with it’s 69 plate on 😭