Bonnet Insulation

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Re: Bonnet Insulation

Post by OomStu_ZA »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:10 pm
LeebzP wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:35 am I went yesterday, they showed me all their R-Lines and they all didnt have it.
I’d go back to the nearby VW dealer who checked on their system and told you it should’ve been installed and get them to order one and fit it under warranty at no cost to you.
+1
LeebzP
New
Drives: 1.0 TSI R-Line - Energetic Orange

Post by LeebzP »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:10 pm
LeebzP wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:35 am I went yesterday, they showed me all their R-Lines and they all didnt have it.
I’d go back to the nearby VW dealer who checked on their system and told you it should’ve been installed and get them to order one and fit it under warranty at no cost to you.
Okay, thanks. I'll swing by them tomorrow.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd not think that that will work for you, if your local VW importer, and there will be one and not necessary VW AG or VW ZA, deemed that not fitting that was important to them to include in initial factory build, then you will need to pay for it, but maybe you need to check up on what VW deems to constitute as standard equipment for vehicles sold into "hot climate" territories - as that might be why it is being left out - maybe eye up a new Audi A1 and see what under the bonnet reveals?
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

RUM4MO wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:35 am I'd not think that that will work for you, if your local VW importer, and there will be one and not necessary VW AG or VW ZA, deemed that not fitting that was important to them to include in initial factory build, then you will need to pay for it, but maybe you need to check up on what VW deems to constitute as standard equipment for vehicles sold into "hot climate" territories - as that might be why it is being left out - maybe eye up a new Audi A1 and see what under the bonnet reveals?
I also had this chat with my dealer since my last 6C was built in Spain and arrived in Cape Town with the bonnet insulation in place so they cannot play that card of "its too hot here". The Golf is sold widely here with its bonnet insulated too. It was just to save costs, fml, what does it really cost them to install? A fiver no doubt if aggregated across all vehicles.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

In follow up I visited the local VW dealer today at Barons N1 to get a price on the blanky for the bonnet. First the price, R1650ex VAT (15%) or like R1890ish including .. but then get told the EU/UK model spec is different to ZAR model spec and the insulation cover may not even fit. Riiiiight? After some persuasion I convinced the associate to call the factory in PE and find out if there is a difference. Waiting with bated breath for a reply.
Awesum
New
Drives: Polo Gti 6c

Post by Awesum »

Please post the part number. I'd like to get one too.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Polovivo
Getting There!
Drives: TSi AW / GTi AW

Post by Polovivo »

Awesum wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:44 pm Please post the part number. I'd like to get one too.

Phone the dealer with your vehicle vin no. or give him the vin no. for the Polo GTi, I'll help you with my VIN if you need.
Polo GTi comes standard with it.
You will also need the clips.
Polovivo
Getting There!

Post by Polovivo »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:06 pm In follow up I visited the local VW dealer today at Barons N1 to get a price on the blanky for the bonnet. First the price, R1650ex VAT (15%) or like R1890ish including .. but then get told the EU/UK model spec is different to ZAR model spec and the insulation cover may not even fit. Riiiiight? After some persuasion I convinced the associate to call the factory in PE and find out if there is a difference. Waiting with bated breath for a reply.
Not true. Bonnet is exactly the same local and abroad. You should be getting at least a 17% discount off the price they quote you.
Only vehicle spec varies.

VW cost cutting in SA sucks. My first Polo Highline had so many standard trim bits that were missing on my second one. :x
Awesum
New

Post by Awesum »

Polovivo wrote:
Awesum wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:44 pm Please post the part number. I'd like to get one too.

Phone the dealer with your vehicle vin no. or give him the vin no. for the Polo GTi, I'll help you with my VIN if you need.
My GTI doesn't have it.

Polovivo
Getting There!

Post by Polovivo »

Take it up with the
Awesum wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 pm
Polovivo wrote:

My GTI doesn't have it.

Take it up with the dealer that you purchased your car from. Could have been an error from the factory.
Mine has it.

Will send pics when I get a chance.

What colour is your GTi?
Polovivo
Getting There!

Post by Polovivo »

20191011_083505.jpg
Pic
Awesum
New

Post by Awesum »

Thanks for the pic. I'll ask my dealer.
My GTI is Red.

OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Polovivo wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:37 am 20191011_083505.jpg

Pic
Thank you for this info. Did you install or did VW assist? Has there been any noticeable increase in engine temp?
Polovivo
Getting There!

Post by Polovivo »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:19 pm
Polovivo wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:37 am 20191011_083505.jpg

Pic
Thank you for this info. Did you install or did VW assist? Has there been any noticeable increase in engine temp?
My car came standard with this.
Polovivo
Getting There!

Post by Polovivo »

Awesum wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:34 am Thanks for the pic. I'll ask my dealer.
My GTI is Red.

Pleasure.
Are you intending to do any mods on your car like fitting bigger wheels etc?