Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Chat about your 2018+ AW model Polos here!
ho8882000
Bronze Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 am
Drives: 2019 (AW)
Location: South Africa

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by ho8882000 »

leonb wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:46 pm
ho8882000 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:15 pm An update of my 1.6 Polo's fuel consumption.

I drove 145km today, the weather in Cape Town is Windy today and 90% of the time is free flow with no traffic, the average fuel consumption for today is 5.8L/100km.
Please see the photo below.

The routes I drove are as follow:
Parklands > R27 > Century City > N1 > Cape Gate > Brackenfell > N1 > M5 > Tokai > Muizenberg > M3 > V&A Waterfront > N1 > R27 > Parklands

Day3.png
Thanks
Hello leonb,

I got more fuel consumption figures for you, please see the pictures below:
1.png
2.png
leonb
New
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:32 pm
Drives: New Polo
Location: South Africa

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by leonb »

Thank you
ho8882000
Bronze Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 am
Drives: 2019 (AW)
Location: South Africa

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by ho8882000 »

leonb wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:30 pmThank you
More fuel consumption figures of my 1.6 Polo Conceptline:
1.png
2.png
3.png
User avatar
giannis159
Getting There!
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:24 pm
Drives: polo aw Rline 1.0 115ps
Location: GR

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by giannis159 »

I could say that 1.0 tsi wins in fuel saving and power. I have always better fuel consumption from 1.6 with my polo 1.0 tsi rline manual.

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

User avatar
OomStu_ZA
Silver Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:06 pm
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi
Location: South Africa

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Yesterday I was able to achieve 6.8L/100KM with my 2.0L. Quite chuffed indeed but driving ike a snail seems so boring :P
User avatar
giannis159
Getting There!
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:24 pm
Drives: polo aw Rline 1.0 115ps
Location: GR

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by giannis159 »

Hahhaaha don't do that because you could kill yourself from boringness[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Gti is perfect and affordable to buy but here in Greece taxes are crazy!

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

User avatar
OomStu_ZA
Silver Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:06 pm
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi
Location: South Africa

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by OomStu_ZA »

@ho8882000
VW ZA discontinued this model:
https://www.carmag.co.za/news/volkswage ... -scrapped/
ho8882000
Bronze Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 am
Drives: 2019 (AW)
Location: South Africa

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by ho8882000 »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:14 pm @ho8882000
VW ZA discontinued this model:
https://www.carmag.co.za/news/volkswage ... -scrapped/
It is a pity that VWSA or the SA market made the decision to discontinue this 1.6 Polo.
This 1.6 Polo is a combination of reliability and modern Polo safety.
My 1.6 Polo have rear disc brakes, 1.0TSi Trendline and Comfortline have rear drum brakes, only Highline and GTi have rear disc brakes.

But when I bought my 1.6 Polo last year, I already expecting this to happen.
I feel fortunate that I made the correct decision last year to purchase this 1.6 Polo before they discontinue it. :D

I was told by the dealership VWSA only assemble a few hundred of these 1.6 Polo, because the car rental companies requested a non turbo Polo model.
The car rental companies bought whatever the amount of 1.6 Polo they need, and the rest are sold via the ordinary VW dealership to individual like me.
fazzy
Bronze Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:50 am
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E
Location: Vdbp.

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by fazzy »

ho8882000 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:18 am
OomStu_ZA wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:14 pm @ho8882000
VW ZA discontinued this model:
https://www.carmag.co.za/news/volkswage ... -scrapped/
It is a pity that VWSA or the SA market made the decision to discontinue this 1.6 Polo.
This 1.6 Polo is a combination of reliability and modern Polo safety.
My 1.6 Polo have rear disc brakes, 1.0TSi Trendline and Comfortline have rear drum brakes, only Highline and GTi have rear disc brakes.

But when I bought my 1.6 Polo last year, I already expecting this to happen.
I feel fortunate that I made the correct decision last year to purchase this 1.6 Polo before they discontinue it. :D

I was told by the dealership VWSA only assemble a few hundred of these 1.6 Polo, because the car rental companies requested a non turbo Polo model.
The car rental companies bought whatever the amount of 1.6 Polo they need, and the rest are sold via the ordinary VW dealership to individual like me.
I reckon if I still lived in SA and had to choose between these two, I would go for the 1.0 TSi. The naturally aspirated 1,6 must be quite slow up on the Reef where the lack of a turbo would be clearly missed. The 1,0 Turbo engine will have much lower power loss at the high altitude.
fazzy
Bronze Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:50 am
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E
Location: Vdbp.

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by fazzy »

ho8882000 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:18 am
OomStu_ZA wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:14 pm @ho8882000
VW ZA discontinued this model:
https://www.carmag.co.za/news/volkswage ... -scrapped/
It is a pity that VWSA or the SA market made the decision to discontinue this 1.6 Polo.
This 1.6 Polo is a combination of reliability and modern Polo safety.
My 1.6 Polo have rear disc brakes, 1.0TSi Trendline and Comfortline have rear drum brakes, only Highline and GTi have rear disc brakes.

But when I bought my 1.6 Polo last year, I already expecting this to happen.
I feel fortunate that I made the correct decision last year to purchase this 1.6 Polo before they discontinue it. :D

I was told by the dealership VWSA only assemble a few hundred of these 1.6 Polo, because the car rental companies requested a non turbo Polo model.
The car rental companies bought whatever the amount of 1.6 Polo they need, and the rest are sold via the ordinary VW dealership to individual like me.
I reckon if I still lived in SA and had to choose between these two, I would go for the 1.0 TSi. The naturally aspirated 1,6 must be quite slow up on the Reef where the lack of a turbo would be clearly missed. The 1,0 Turbo engine will have much lower power loss in Transvaal. :)
kartikhere_2498
New
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:30 am
Drives: 2011 VW vento (polo sedan) 1.6mpi MT
Location: India

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by kartikhere_2498 »

Hello folks,
I have a VW Vento 1.6 mpi, I am facing a oil leak issue near the oil filter and timing cover seal, is this a common issue for 1.6 mpi engines?
Attachments
Oil leak image
Oil leak image
edit.jpg (247.59 KiB) Viewed 184 times
ho8882000
Bronze Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 am
Drives: 2019 (AW)
Location: South Africa

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by ho8882000 »

kartikhere_2498 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:24 am Hello folks,
I have a VW Vento 1.6 mpi, I am facing a oil leak issue near the oil filter and timing cover seal, is this a common issue for 1.6 mpi engines?
My Polo has a different 1.6 engine (EA211), so I am not sure if it is a common problem on your engine.

But either way, it is better to change the seals which is leaking.
20190914_162009.jpg
20190914_162009.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 169 times
kartikhere_2498
New
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:30 am
Drives: 2011 VW vento (polo sedan) 1.6mpi MT
Location: India

Re: Fuel Consumption of a 1.6 MPi Polo

Post by kartikhere_2498 »

ho8882000 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:08 am
kartikhere_2498 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:24 am Hello folks,
I have a VW Vento 1.6 mpi, I am facing a oil leak issue near the oil filter and timing cover seal, is this a common issue for 1.6 mpi engines?
My Polo has a different 1.6 engine (EA211), so I am not sure if it is a common problem on your engine.

But either way, it is better to change the seals which is leaking.

20190914_162009.jpg
Thanks for the reply :D
Post Reply