My users review of the 1.0ltr 3 pot TSI 116

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

My users review of the 1.0ltr 3 pot TSI 116

Post by mike sel »

1.0ltr engine set at 116HP

This seems to be an economical little engine, it is quiet does not seem to use much oil. I check it once a week and once every couple of months I am putting a small amount of oil in to just top up. On economy I have checked my long term and it reads 50.3MPG over 18,389 miles. on a run I can get over 70MPG and in winter climate control on and driving in normal I can get as low as 48MPG. (I have never had lower). I feel when its just me or me and my partner in the car this engine pulls fine. in sport mode it will get away from the lights 0-33 MPH as quick as anyone reasonably could want to. At 60 MPH I do have to use the paddles to drop a gear or two to overtake.

The other thing I like about this small petrol engine is just how quickly the car warms up in the winter. There is warm air coming out of the climate control within 5 mins of leaving home. In comparison my last diesel was just about getting comfortable as I was pulling into work.

All in all I am happy with this engine. How long it will last before major works ? we will just have to see. for all you GTI 2.0ltr drivers out there, yes I do wonder what the 2.0l would have been like, quicker... I am sure, noisier.. I am just as sure, as economic... I doubt, more fun...of course it would have been. Do I wish I had gone for the GTI + ….kind of-ish for one reason the 2.0l engine may prove to be longer lasting, but who knows.
Polovivo
Getting There!
Drives: TSi AW / GTi AW

Re: My users review of the 1.0ltr 3 pot TSI 116

Post by Polovivo »

My GTi is proving to be just as fuel efficient as my 1.0TSI.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Polovivo wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:24 am My GTi is proving to be just as fuel efficient as my 1.0TSI.
Depends how you drive both cars, how long your commute is, and how congested that route is.

Like for like in every situation, the 1.0TSI will outdo the 2.0TSI, but not by a lot (around 10-15%).

Mike's mpg figures are extraordinary because he drives in in an extraordinary way - he has a long commute, on uncongested roads, and has been known to sit at 56mph on a 70mph road that most would be doing 70-80mph on, and turn the aircon off in summer to see how many mpg you can get.

On my 12 mile commute I can get between 30mpg (Winter, lots of congestion) and 41mpg (Summer, hardly a car on the road.

On a 90 mile Journey with the aircon on all the way, maintaining 80mph on the motorway, I get around 46mpg. Do the same journey at 70mph and that increases to 52mpg.

On Mike's 56mph run in a GTI, I'm sure he'd easily crack 60mpg.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Polovivo wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:24 am My GTi is proving to be just as fuel efficient as my 1.0TSI.
ditto lol
giannis159
Getting There!
Drives: polo aw Rline 1.0 115ps

Post by giannis159 »

Hello tell us if you can what oil do you use, and how miles do you keep the oils. Also how much oil do you top up and the climate where you live. Thx!

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:59 am
Depends how you drive both cars, how long your commute is, and how congested that route is.

Like for like in every situation, the 1.0TSI will outdo the 2.0TSI, but not by a lot (around 10-15%).

Mike's mpg figures are extraordinary because he drives in in an extraordinary way - he has a long commute, on uncongested roads, and has been known to sit at 56mph on a 70mph road that most would be doing 70-80mph on, and turn the aircon off in summer to see how many mpg you can get.

On my 12 mile commute I can get between 30mpg (Winter, lots of congestion) and 41mpg (Summer, hardly a car on the road.

On a 90 mile Journey with the aircon on all the way, maintaining 80mph on the motorway, I get around 46mpg. Do the same journey at 70mph and that increases to 52mpg.

To be fare what you don't know is most of my commute is on the M27 through the what seems like a 30 mile roadworks (down grade to a smart motorway) its restricted to 50 through there so all I actually do once in a while is set out to see how many MPG I can get. this time I did it because of the new tyres.

On Mike's 56mph run in a GTI, I'm sure he'd easily crack 60mpg.