Having my drop links changed next week

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Having my drop links changed next week

Post by MilgeS »

After months of hearing a creak/clonk, that disappeared during the warmer months, the garage have found it is caused by the drop links, so they have ordered new ones for ma and should be fitted Monday. Thought it might be useful for anyone else experiencing a creak/clonk!!
TheRacingRat
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

Re: Having my drop links changed next week

Post by TheRacingRat »

Apologies for thread resurrection but what this noise at the rear? I’m getting a clonking noise from the offside rear mainly when going round bends, can’t see anything visual that maybe causing it.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

TheRacingRat wrote:Apologies for thread resurrection but what this noise at the rear? I’m getting a clonking noise from the offside rear mainly when going round bends, can’t see anything visual that maybe causing it.
Check your parcel shelf.
Mine bounced a little bit at one side when hitting certain bumps. Thought it was something deep in the boot near the spare wheel for months !

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

TheRacingRat
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

Post by TheRacingRat »

Thanks will do that today!
The Random Dan
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by The Random Dan »

Fords suffer from a creak when going over speed bumps in cold weather and its actually the anti roll bar bushes that cause it not the links
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

The Random Dan wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:24 am Fords suffer from a creak when going over speed bumps in cold weather and its actually the anti roll bar bushes that cause it not the links
VW’s suffer from this too - or they certainly used to. My mk6 Golf GTD used to creak when going over speed bumps and the noise was attributed to the anti roll bar bushes. Didn’t do it in wet weather - presumably if the bushes got wet, the water provided enough ‘lubrication’ (although being water, the effects were short lived) between the ARB and bushes to stop the noise.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

Seeing this thread pop up, I think my links are creaking again, once the weather turns colder/damper I'll know for sure,it seems to be happening under braking at the moment, before it was doing it moving off too.