Help* Fuse for the Window Washer Motor

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Jenni1
New
Drives: Right Hand Polo Beats 68 plate

Post by Jenni1 »

Any Help appreciated...I have a Volkswagen polo 68 Beats

With the cold frosty weather I thought my water had just frozen but unfortunately not.

I have no sound when trying to get water to my front or rear window when pushing in the button the wipers just move the jets are not blocked.

I am thinking I may have blow the fuse on the Washer Motor but cannot locate the correct fuse for this and I am looking for some help.

I refuse to pay Arnold Clark £25 to look and change this for me when I can do it myself.

Any help greatly appreciated.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Help* Fuse for the Window Washer Motor

Post by monkeyhanger »

Is it in the manual? I'd say you've almost certainly blown that fuse.

There are definitely fuse box diagrams in the manual, I looked to pick a few fuses to tap into for my dashcam. I don't have my manual to hand to check.
volksnut2
New
Drives: 2019

Post by volksnut2 »

Hey can no one help you ,the handbook certainly insnt comprehensive as it only lists certain fuses ,and the washer motor isn't one.I've looked on the net and the legend for the fuses isn't listed hope you've had better luck .Al.
Falconmick
New
Drives: 2019 SE

Post by Falconmick »

Does warranty not cover this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Falconmick wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:49 pm Does warranty not cover this?

It shouldn't as it is operator error, but if you are on good terms with your supplying dealership, I'd think that they would change the fuse FOC while not being responsible for doing that.

Edit:- ah, I forgot Uncle Arnie's car emporium - possibly not!

So, OP, if you are able to change fuses, I'd think that you need to get going and find that blown fuse and fit another of the same rating - and adding in some winter washer conc and run the washers at each end to make sure the pipes are clear of plain water.
Falconmick
New

Post by Falconmick »

RUM4NO, not being argumentative but how is it known to be operator error? OP said pump is not making noise and received a reply from a forum member who says (without having inspected the car) that it might be the fuse, might also not be the fuse

RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Falconmick wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:43 am RUM4NO, not being argumentative but how is it known to be operator error? OP said pump is not making noise and received a reply from a forum member who says (without having inspected the car) that it might be the fuse, might also not be the fuse

From my interpretation of the opening posting, the poster more or less acknowledged that they had been probably running with no or not enough winter washer conc in the washer mix so that does tend to create an issue for the pump, which gets saved by its supply fuse blowing.

Edit:- sorry I missed out the issue only causing trouble in cold winter weather, which there had been at that time. Yes there is an outside chance that there is another reason for this, but until the fuse has been checked and proved to be okay, I'd think that it was just an operator error due to freezing washer fluid.
Falconmick
New

Post by Falconmick »

Time will tell, if OP posts the outcome[emoji106]

gmacwilson
New
Drives: 2018

Post by gmacwilson »

Hi I have the same problem with my 2018 model. The manual helpfully does not identify the washer motor fuse, only offering to identify a small number of the fuses under the dashboard. Can anyone offer an image of which is which? I note that there have been previous attempts to compile a list.
Thanks
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

gmacwilson wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:57 am Hi I have the same problem with my 2018 model. The manual helpfully does not identify the washer motor fuse, only offering to identify a small number of the fuses under the dashboard. Can anyone offer an image of which is which? I note that there have been previous attempts to compile a list.
Thanks
There is a member who was asking members for any information about their fuse boxes, (there is a fuse box under the bonnet) and he compiled a list of the relevant fuses for the Polo.
Look back at the old posts and you will find the post. I can remember the post, but not the persons name.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

gmacwilson wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:57 am Hi I have the same problem with my 2018 model. The manual helpfully does not identify the washer motor fuse, only offering to identify a small number of the fuses under the dashboard. Can anyone offer an image of which is which? I note that there have been previous attempts to compile a list.
Thanks
Try asking at the service desk of your VW Dealership. Someone should tell you the fuse number free of charge.