Beats soundsystem

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Cpt_graybeard
New
Drives: Polo gti 2018

Beats soundsystem

Post by Cpt_graybeard »

Hello.

I got the beats soundsystem in my 2018 gti and i really don´t like the sound..

the base is floppy and it punches thru..

Anybody else have the same issuses?
Dazeredo
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo aw1 1.0t 95hp

Re: Beats soundsystem

Post by Dazeredo »

It's a lot better than the oem system but the thing that I think it's really missing to get a perfect sound is the option to change independently the bass and treble of the speakers, subwoofer and tweeters.
For me in the beats it's hard to get a perfect sound because with extra bass the speakers don't sound so good.

In my old car I had a aftermarket radio and independent speakers frequency response made all the difference.
Cpt_graybeard
New
Drives: Polo gti 2018

Post by Cpt_graybeard »

I had a beetle dune cab before i got the polo. Not the fender soundsystem but it played a lot better then the beats i got now.

Beats sounds fine on low sound but when you heare a good tune and crank the system is sounds terrible.
Dazeredo
Bronze Member

Post by Dazeredo »

I like the output of the beats for volume and the kind of songs I hear, but it should to have options for fine tune like any good aftermarket amplifier and subwoofer upgrade...
nathan.larose
New

Post by nathan.larose »

Where are you sourcing your music from? I used to have Spotify and the sound was incredible but weirdly, moved to Apple Music and it sounds far flatter than Spotify. Odd because beats is owned by Apple!
If you’re with Apple or Bluetooth (yuck) try a month trial with Spotify premium (ensure sound quality is set to highest in Spotify settings) and see what you think.
proalves
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI AW1 2019

Post by proalves »

Most of my collection is on a 256GB MicroSD in Flac format and the sound is reasonable on Beats.
My previous VW was equipped with Dynaudio and the main difference in my opinion is in the mids and Highs, that in the previous one were quite superior.
You can try changing it, this is my configuration...
Fader -1 to rear
Bass -4
Mids 0
Treble +4
I listen mostly to Power Metal and Progressive Metal. :wink:
Dazeredo
Bronze Member

Post by Dazeredo »

nathan.larose wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:43 pm Where are you sourcing your music from? I used to have Spotify and the sound was incredible but weirdly, moved to Apple Music and it sounds far flatter than Spotify. Odd because beats is owned by Apple!
If you’re with Apple or Bluetooth (yuck) try a month trial with Spotify premium (ensure sound quality is set to highest in Spotify settings) and see what you think.
Music on mp3 from USB drive and memory card and podcasts on Spotify and the sound is right on all fonts. Maybe is some problem with your phone/ android auto/ usb cable.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

rip audio from youtube, mostly dj sets, then copy to SD for in car toons.