New VED rates from 01st April.

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
West Riding Limited
New
Drives: GTI

Re: New VED rates from 01st April.

Post by West Riding Limited »

It's on a lease so of course I can't and never expected to "earn" any more "dimes". What I mean is that I hope to reduce the chance of being presented with any extra bills for paintwork damage at the end. Now I'll never truly know whether I have gained or lost on the transaction, but at least it should be easier for me to keep clean over the term.

WRL
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Highly unlikely to reduce the chance of being hit with penalties. The ceramic coating won't prevent any potentially chargeable damage - visible scratches, stone chips, dents.

It prevents swirl marks and the need to wax or seal to get a high gloss finish.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

West Riding Limited wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:47 pm It's on a lease so of course I can't and never expected to "earn" any more "dimes". What I mean is that I hope to reduce the chance of being presented with any extra bills for paintwork damage at the end. Now I'll never truly know whether I have gained or lost on the transaction, but at least it should be easier for me to keep clean over the term.

WRL
Not being funny, genuine question, is this your first lease?
They'll probably follow BVRLA guidelines and they're surprisingly lenient.
For example, every alloy can be kerbed and every panel can have a small dent (some lease companies even send you a template toward the end of the lease to place over dents and see if they need repaired).
Evidently you are not the sort of owner to drive a car with kerbed alloys and dented panels (neither am I), so you'll be fine. 8)
I've leased loads of cars, business and personal, and never had to pay any surcharges.
Saab did try to bill me £400 for a missing remote key fob once though, for a car that didn't have remote central locking..... :roll: :lol:
West Riding Limited
New
Drives: GTI

Post by West Riding Limited »

Hi Andy, yes first lease so it's been a bit of a learning curve. Thanks for your reassurances, I'm evidently being too pessimistic.

WRL