Polo GTI won’t move at all!

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
VWPOL0GTL
New
Drives: GTI

Re: Polo GTI won’t move at all!

Post by VWPOL0GTL »

Update: VW dealership pushed for the brakes to be changed, but VW head office is rejecting the claim, even though the dealership stated the brake pairs were found to be bonded with the rear disks, stated problem is a defect of the brakes and not wear and tear, and acknowledged the mooing sound. I have now escalated the situation to the VW dispute resolution team, and going to complain to fair trade (consumer watchdog) if nothing eventuates. Anyone else have a warranty claim like this rejected before?
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

VWPOL0GTL wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:31 pm Update: VW dealership pushed for the brakes to be changed, but VW head office is rejecting the claim, even though the dealership stated the brake pairs were found to be bonded with the rear disks, stated problem is a defect of the brakes and not wear and tear, and acknowledged the mooing sound. I have now escalated the situation to the VW dispute resolution team, and going to complain to fair trade (consumer watchdog) if nothing eventuates. Anyone else have a warranty claim like this rejected before?
Kinda reminds me of when I had my 6c with all its tyre issues only to be told by VW it sell cars not tyres... I tried explaining it came from factory equipped with the bad set of Conti's but they would hear none of it. Cést la vie.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

VWPOL0GTL wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:31 pm Update: VW dealership pushed for the brakes to be changed, but VW head office is rejecting the claim, even though the dealership stated the brake pairs were found to be bonded with the rear disks, stated problem is a defect of the brakes and not wear and tear, and acknowledged the mooing sound. I have now escalated the situation to the VW dispute resolution team, and going to complain to fair trade (consumer watchdog) if nothing eventuates. Anyone else have a warranty claim like this rejected before?
Yes. VW are a bunch of bar stewards. If V W don't play ball, untimately your quibble with the supplying dealership by law- you bought the car from them. The service team has already acknowledged it's an issue not related to wear. With that in mind, if VW won't pay then they should.

Perhaps VW are looking to dodge acknowledging this by making out binding brakes are symptomatic of the car having been left parked that way?

VW dodged responsibility for a claim I made, purely based on a 6 month "adjustment" clause I didn't know existed. The boot lid always needed a slam to close, I thought it was a polo thing and probably considered normal, a few other people had same issue. Just after the car was 6 months old, I became aware of slight chipping to the paint on the bottom edge of the tailgate, on the inside. It was contacting the top edge of the bumper.

Local dealership (not the supplying dealership) confirmed the tailgate was not set up correctly and put a claim in with VW which was rejected only on the fact that I had reported it 6.5 months after taking delivery.

I made the supplying dealership aware (200 miles from me), but fixed myself by adjusting the latch which was placed 10mm further into the body than it should have been, and sorting out the (they were tiny) paint chips that couldn't be seen from the outside with the tailgate closed.

VW will weasel out of pretty much anything they can.