chassi number for polo aw GTI

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
LegacyDivine
New

chassi number for polo aw GTI

Post by LegacyDivine »

can someone give me any chassi number for polo aw GTI ? i need to order some pieces at volkswagen and they ask me for chassi number...
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Re: chassi number for polo aw GTI

Post by POLO Clive »

I'm guessing they need a chassis number for a reason, an incorrect chassis number could leave you with the wrong parts, so you should give them the correct one.

You can find it on the car or on the registration document, of if you're requesting parts from the VW Dealer where you got the car, they will undoubtedly have a record of the chassis number.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

LegacyDivine wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:23 pm can someone give me any chassi number for polo aw GTI ? i need to order some pieces at volkswagen and they ask me for chassi number...
Are you trying to order GTI parts for a non-GTI Polo? Some parts might not be a direct fit - especially bumper related components and a few things under the bonnet.

What are you looking to order?
fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Post by fazzy »

The guy just asked for any GTi VIN, not a lecture:

GTI VIN: WVWZZZAWZLU011405
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Some are perhaps concerned that their chassis number might be used for car cloning purposes - giving a stolen car a new and seemingly legitimate identity. It is a known problem in the UK. My dad had his MK5 Golf GT TDI170 cloned in 2012 and was getting speeding fines and points charges. Luckily he could prove he was elsewhere as the cloned car was operating 200 miles away.
fazzy
Bronze Member

Post by fazzy »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:58 am Some are perhaps concerned that their chassis number might be used for car cloning purposes - giving a stolen car a new and seemingly legitimate identity. It is a known problem in the UK. My dad had his MK5 Golf GT TDI170 cloned in 2012 and was getting speeding fines and points charges. Luckily he could prove he was elsewhere as the cloned car was operating 200 miles away.
Pleeeease..... actual VIN numbers are freely available in new and used car sales websites.
Obviously the guy doesn't know how to search.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

perhaps a phising expidition?
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

fazzy wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:20 am
Pleeeease..... actual VIN numbers are freely available in new and used car sales websites.
Not every car has VIN written on web. And since I got car from VW as first owner my vin was never publicly on web. On the other hand my vin is clearly written on right lower part under windshield. :lol:
fazzy
Bronze Member

Post by fazzy »

Dark_cze wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:15 pm
fazzy wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:20 am
Not every car has VIN written on web. And since I got car from VW as first owner my vin was never publicly on web. On the other hand my vin is clearly written on right lower part under windshield. :lol:
Did I say that every car's VIN is on the web?
It took me about 20 seconds to find a brand new Polo GTi with public VIN number for sale with no previous owners, which is on stock at some dealer.
By the way... I guess everybody should now cover up the VIN which is visible through the windshield just to avoid cloning of VIN numbers... :D :D :D