Headlight adjustment?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Dyl_dank
New
Drives: AW GTI

Headlight adjustment?

Post by Dyl_dank »

Hey all, the stripe running across the grille on my AW GTI lines up perfectly with the stripe running through the righthand headlight, however the lefthand headlight seems to be too high (bigger gap between the bumper compared to the righthand side also) Just curious if I can somehow adjust the headlight to line up/sit lower, or if its just how they are? Cheers
cdsound
New
Drives: 2020 GTI+

Re: Headlight adjustment?

Post by cdsound »

Hey
Yes you can adjust the light, however it is fiddly and can end up worse than when you started.
Now speaking with experience of the MK7 Golf there were two adjusters hidden under the light, one behind the grille and one behind the bumper towards the wing/fender.
If this is the case for the Polo, you may struggle further.
Now to adjust, it is bolted through threaded cups that can change the height vertically and there’s also play in the cups to allow for lateral movement.
Loosen the bolts a good amount, then adjust the cups up or down to line up to the desired fitment.
Connor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Does your car have LED headlights? GTI+ does, GTI doesn't unless you spec them undividually.

For LED adjustment, there is an older thread on here you'll have to search. It was easy to do because I adjusted mine. Can't remember the particulars of which screwhead I adjusted, clockwise or anti clockwise, but I do remember that a full turn in whatever direction moves the headlight tilt to up did it for me.

Non-LED lights might adjust the same way, can't honestly remember the thread. Job was easy - screwheads were easily accessible.
cdsound
New
Drives: 2020 GTI+

Post by cdsound »

I believe he’s referring to the head light unit not the beam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dyl_dank
New
Drives: AW GTI

Post by Dyl_dank »

Thanks for the replies, yes I was referring to the headlight unit itself - I already had to fiddle with my beam adjustment when I lowered the car :lol:
Sounds like a pretty involving job to make some adjustments, might leave it for one weekend when I have too much time on my hands.
Digonho
New
Drives: VW Polo GTS

Post by Digonho »

Dyl_dank wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:30 pm Thanks for the replies, yes I was referring to the headlight unit itself - I already had to fiddle with my beam adjustment when I lowered the car :lol:
Sounds like a pretty involving job to make some adjustments, might leave it for one weekend when I have too much time on my hands.
sorry my bad english, im brazilian and i use google translator.

lets go, maybe i can help you..

if you lowered the car, you will need to adjust the headlights through the vcds (if you car have a led headlights)
because with the car low, the sensor interprets that the car is loaded and throws the beam down.
so there is no point in physically adjusting, as the control panel will automatically adjust to the saved configuration.

what do you need to do:
-Plug the rosstech hexv2 cable on obd2 door and open the vcds in your laptop.
1. Module “55 - Xênon Range”
2. Basic Settings -04
3. Select “Basic headlamp setting“
4. Click [Go!] and make adjustments with the screwdriver and then click on [STOP]
5. Select “Acknowledge basic setting”
6. Click [Go!]

ready! you new configuration its ok and safe!

Hope this helps!