Rear reflectors ?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Rear reflectors ?

Post by POLO Clive »

I've only just realized the MK6 AW Polo doesn't have rear reflectors, my current 2014 Polo has them in the rear bumper, and I thought current UK law required new cars to have rear reflectors fitted, does anybody know if this is true, or did I just imagine it ? :?
sc-red
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI+

Re: Rear reflectors ?

Post by sc-red »

POLO Clive wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:52 am I've only just realized the MK6 AW Polo doesn't have rear reflectors, my current 2014 Polo has them in the rear bumper, and I thought current UK law required new cars to have rear reflectors fitted, does anybody know if this is true, or did I just imagine it ? :?
Are they not part of the rear light cluster? In the middle section?
Attachments
CB63EB4D-F711-4521-98FC-BEC5315B2D04.jpeg
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

It is a legal requirement for cars to have rear reflectors , if you look very closely at the lens the reflective bit will have if I remember correctly” AI “ Embossed in the plastic
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Yes, it is a legal requirement for cars to have rear reflectors but they don’t have to be in a separate reflector unit; they can be integrated into the rear light clusters.

@POLO Clive; it’s funny you should raise this as I also noticed very recently that the current generation (AW) Polo didn’t have separate rear reflectors, so I started checking out other manufacturers cars I drove behind and parked next to see where their rear reflectors were located. Quite a few have them integrated into the rear light clusters, rather than have separate reflectors. There may be a cost saving to VW in not having to have separate reflectors manufactured; one less component to be manufactured, supplied and fitted.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Like the 6C they will probably be on the facelift model and skipped again on the replacement model, like tick tock of a clock :)
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

Thanks all, now where's that Like/Thanks button when you need it. :D