What is the situation with VW main dealers?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
JohnF
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 Polo SE 95

What is the situation with VW main dealers?

Post by JohnF »

I have my Polo booked in for 14th April for a service and the stiff handbrake fix (hopefully) This is the first date I have been offered for the pick up and drop off service which they are now offering, via an email for the over 70's

Vehicle collection and delivery
If you are over 70 or in an at-risk category as specified by the Health authorities we will deliver your car back to your driveway. Due to the expected demand for vehicle collection and delivery there may be a short lead time on availability of this option.

I'm not holding my breath on whether they will even be open. Thoughts anyone?

Second question. If it goes past the annoying "service is due in 15 days" date, does this affect the car in any way?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: What is the situation with VW main dealers?

Post by monkeyhanger »

JohnF wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:24 pm I have my Polo booked in for 14th April for a service and the stiff handbrake fix (hopefully) This is the first date I have been offered for the pick up and drop off service which they are now offering, via an email for the over 70's

Vehicle collection and delivery
If you are over 70 or in an at-risk category as specified by the Health authorities we will deliver your car back to your driveway. Due to the expected demand for vehicle collection and delivery there may be a short lead time on availability of this option.

I'm not holding my breath on whether they will even be open. Thoughts anyone?

Second question. If it goes past the annoying "service is due in 15 days" date, does this affect the car in any way?
They will stay open as long as they can - it's not a workplace with a high density of personnel unless there's a sale on - especially in the service area.

As for your second question, there's a months grace/1000 miles. Even then, given the current climate, they should be understanding.
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

My dealer in midlands shut yesterday to customer facing work but carrying on with back office work. I think monkey hanger is right in that there will have to be some flexibility on things like mot and servicing when we all get locked down tonight.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

I just watched Sky News International and saw your PMs announcement so guess everythig shuts down for 3 weeks.

Our President also announced a 3 week lock down this evening although we may also head out for food etc. but resturants and the like are to be closed.
JohnF
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 Polo SE 95

Post by JohnF »

Email from VW this evening:

Due to the unfolding situation we have taken the difficult decision to temporarily close our showrooms and retain a smaller technical support team in our vehicle workshops, with the necessary distancing measures in place.

Temporary Closures
While we are closing our showroom doors, we are still here if you need us online at jct600.co.uk, via chat or over the phone. So whether you have an MOT or service booked with us, have placed an order and are awaiting delivery of a new vehicle, or if you have an enquiry on a vehicle in our stock we will do whatever possible to support you and keep you informed every step of the way.

If you have an existing service, MOT or repair appointment

Our top priority is everyone’s safety both on and off the road. With this in mind, we will be prioritising safety-related issues and technical faults; any routine appointments will be reviewed and re-appointed at a later date. Please expect a call from our member of our team.

In the meantime, our technical team are still available to take your calls and offer advice where appropriate. Please use our directory to find the contact number of your local branch and your call will automatically be diverted to a member of the team.

NHS and Essential Users
Firstly, thank you! The work you are doing is incredible and we realise just how challenging this must be for you all. We want you to know that, whatever your motoring needs, we’re here to help.

We recognise the importance of keeping our NHS colleagues and other essential users, such as emergency services and carers, safely on the roads. If you have any technical queries or concerns, please use our directory to find the contact number of your local branch and your call will automatically be diverted to a member of the team. You can request the support of any JCT600 branch regardless of the age, make or model of your vehicle.

We will prioritise your call or any repairs required to ensure you get the support you need as quickly as possible.
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

I've just had this from my VW Dealer (Lookers)
VW email.PNG
stuartrendall
Bronze Member
Drives: 2020 POLO GTI+

Post by stuartrendall »

I was at my dealer today collecting my new GTI+ and they said only the service department would be open for the foreseeable future however after Boris' announcement that may have all just changed.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Local JCT600 told me they were closing last nite (23rd) til further notice, staff are taking their Ipads home to stay in touch. If posters do take advantage of the 'car collect' service I'd advise making doubly, trebly sure their cars wIll be delivered / returned as agreed as I've heard it's too easy for dealers to run out of time and take customer's cars home, to use as personal transport. Just sayin'....
jackois
New
Drives: Polo SE 1.0 TSI 95ps manual

Post by jackois »

With respect to the annoying 'service required' message.

It has no effect on the operation of the car and changes to a simple 'service required' message in the drivers display when you start up and shut off the car.

I ran with it for a couple of months at the beginning of the year as I want an annual service rather than one every time I go past 10,000 miles without an oil change. I was told that there is no way of disabling it by the dealer. Hugely irritating at the time...
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

If you’re on the time and distance service regime, the service interval is the sooner of 10,000 miles or 12 months, and as monkeyhanger has said earlier in this discussion thread, a degree of leeway Is permitted.

However, on time and distance service regime, if you exceeded these limits by a more significant amount - e.g. if you drove 14k miles in a year and didn’t get the car serviced at 10k miles, then there might be warranty implications, and VW seem to be very willing to use the ‘it’s not covered under warranty’ excuse all too often these days.

Under the current climate, VW might be prepared to be a little more lenient if time and distance limits are exceed before a service is carried out if the dealership service departments and workshops are closed.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

If your car needs servicing and it can't be done beacause the dealer is closed, I'd still use it but keep the mileage down, let them know and record the name of the person you speak to. Life goes on. Also make sure they inform you the car has been returned, if it's 'a collect & drop off' service. I visted my uncle who drives a Hyundai of some kind, his car was parked outside and I remarked "I see they fixed your car", or whatever they did to it. He was surprised and more than a little peeved as the dealer had simply dropped of the car and posted his key & service book without letting him know....
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Post by mjsaville »

I suspect our GTI+ has just come off the Glovis Condor in Zeebrugee ??

Now what, is it likely to be transported to the UK or will it be locked up at the port?

MJ
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

mjsaville wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:50 pm I suspect our GTI+ has just come off the Glovis Condor in Zeebrugee ??

Now what, is it likely to be transported to the UK or will it be locked up at the port?

MJ
I suppose it depends on the local situation at Zebrugge and whether or not the port is operational. I dare say it will be but there’s a chance that port activity will be limited to handling ‘essential goods’ such as food and medical supplies, or essential goods take priority over non essential goods.

If your car is transported to the UK, there’s then the issue of whether the drivers who drive the car transporters from the port of UK entry to the dealerships are working or not, and also whether or not your dealer is open for business to PDI the car and hand it over to you.

Lots of uncertainties in these uncertain times.............
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Mine was due for the first service next week. The dealership is only doing work for key workers, which is understandable. I'm being told next booking available is May 1st which I've secured. I asked if there was any relaxation in the up to 1000 miles or month over but it doesn't appear so at this time. Luckily I can drive around in another vehicle if I start pushing the mileage. I don't particularly trust VW and intend to keep my warranty in force and not exceed any limits.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

The VW dealer in Grimsby is shut down till further notice.