Volkswagen Polo GTI AW from Spain

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
fran_92
New
Drives: Polo GTI 200hp

Volkswagen Polo GTI AW from Spain

Post by fran_92 »

Hello everyone!

My name is Fran and I’m from Spain. I use to visit so much this forum, so I’ve decided today to create an account and to show my Polo. It’s a Volkswagen Polo GTI 200HP DSG. It’s my daily car.

I ordered it on 4th September and I the dealer gave it to me on 6th November. I think that it was so few time, I have read cases with more tan 3 months of delay.

The chosen colour was Limestone Grey Metallic and with the following extras:

- Panoramic Sunroof
- Rear view camera
- Auto folding mirrors
- Beats sound Sistem
- Heated Seats and Washer fluid level indicator
- Brescia 18’’ wheels
- Deep Iron Metallic dash and door trim inserts

And in Spain it comes with this standard equipment:

- Climate control, electronic
- Park assist including sensors
- Car-net 'App-Connect' with Media Control
- Active info display
- Adaptive cruise control
- Front Assist
- LED headlights (front and rear)
- Sports select suspension lowered by 15mm
- XDS - electronic differential lock
- And more…

I have made some modifications, I show you pictures. I will update this first post with all the changes I will make on the car. Hope you like it, and sorry for my English, I know that is not perfect! :D

MODIFICATIONS:

- Front headlights with PPF vinyl
- Ceramic Coating to all the car, including the windows and the wheels.
- Led light in the trunk
- Rear lights full LED with Osram bulbs: reverse lights and rear blinker lights
- Red badge “GTI” in the steering wheel
- GTI Golf mk7 key added
- Coming Home and Leaving Home automatic when you leave the car
- Coming Home and Leaving Home in fog lights instead of principal headlights
- Osram Led fog lights
- Folding mirrors through pressing the lock key buttons
- Footrest
- Available fuel liters on the digital cockpit
- Engine cover in carbon hydroprinting

Thanks you so much!

Some pictures of the Ceramic Coating process and the vinyl placing

First Snow Foam

Placing the vynil

Vinyl finished

Ceramic coating applicated

It shines 8)

Some pictures with his garage “brother”

Some interior pictures

Last modifications

Osram Led fog lights

Engine cover

Key Golf GTI

Footrest

GTI

Last edited by fran_92 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 11 times in total.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Re: Volkswagen Polo GTI AW from Spain

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Hi fran_92

Welcome to the forum and hope all is well in Spain with the current epidemic worldwide. We in lock-down for 3 weeks as from Thursday.

Some nice kit there as standard where here, in South Africa, we pay for almost everything as an extra. I must admit I found this spec amusing:
Heated Seats and Washer fluid level indicator
I mean come on VW, how are these two items related? It's as if they just take random items and bundle them together.

The Limestone Grey is certainly an option I would have chosen but sadly also not available here. As for audio I opted for an aftermarket installation which offers (imho) much better sound than the overpriced factory option.

Wrt the vehicle mods did you use OBDII or VDS to clear any dash errors? I'm keen to replace the fogs with LEDs myself but dont know anyone with the required tools to assist.

Please post some pictures of your ride when you can, thank you.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Looks great @fran_92. Enjoy 🙂.
OomStu_ZA wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:21 am. I must admit I found this spec amusing:
I mean come on VW, how are these two items related? It's as if they just take random items and bundle them together.
@OomStu_ZA; we can also get the combination of heated seats and washer fluid warning indicator bundled together in the UK. It’s sold as the Winter pack option.
[/quote]
fran_92
New

Post by fran_92 »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:21 am Hi fran_92

Welcome to the forum and hope all is well in Spain with the current epidemic worldwide. We in lock-down for 3 weeks as from Thursday.

Some nice kit there as standard where here, in South Africa, we pay for almost everything as an extra. I must admit I found this spec amusing:

The Limestone Grey is certainly an option I would have chosen but sadly also not available here. As for audio I opted for an aftermarket installation which offers (imho) much better sound than the overpriced factory option.

Wrt the vehicle mods did you use OBDII or VDS to clear any dash errors? I'm keen to replace the fogs with LEDs myself but dont know anyone with the required tools to assist.

Please post some pictures of your ride when you can, thank you.
Thanks yo sou much, we have a difficult situation now.

"Heated Seats and Washer fluid level indicator" it is called Winter pack. In past models, it also came with headlight washers, but now these cars don't come with them.

I do everything with VAG COM or OBD ELEVEN.

I am trying to add more pictures, but when I try it this message appears: FORBIDDEN. MESSAGE SEEMS TO BE SPAM.

SRGTD wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:31 am Looks great @fran_92. Enjoy 🙂.
OomStu_ZA wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:21 am. I must admit I found this spec amusing:
@OomStu_ZA; we can also get the combination of heated seats and washer fluid warning indicator bundled together in the UK. It’s sold as the Winter pack option.
[/quote]

Thank you!! :D
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Trantor »

Welcome to the forum :) Looks really nice in grey!
Winter Pack same here in UK. Previous 6C GTI had headlight washers, not the new GTI. Cost saving I expect.
What caught my eye was the picture of the engine bay, particularly the engine cover. Was that a standard fit with the car? The carbon fibre effect looks really good.
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Trantor »

Welcome to the forum :) Looks really nice in grey!
Winter Pack same here in UK. Previous 6C GTI had headlight washers, not the new GTI. Cost saving I expect.
What caught my eye was the picture of the engine bay, particularly the engine cover. Was that a standard fit with the car? The carbon fibre effect looks really good.
fran_92
New

Post by fran_92 »

Trantor wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:31 pm Welcome to the forum :) Looks really nice in grey!
Almost all the new cars don't have headlight washers. I prefer it, I had a Golf with them and when you lost one cover it was horrible because you had to wait to paint something of the car to have them again.

I took the engine cover to an hydroprinting center. It looks so poor all in black plastic. I thinks that it looks great now

OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

fran_92 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:38 am
Almost all the new cars don't have headlight washers. I prefer it, I had a Golf with them and when you lost one cover it was horrible because you had to wait to paint something of the car to have them again.
When I enquired about this last year Feb at time of purchase the salesman informed me that my old 6C used xenon tech and therefore required wash/spray system whereas the LEDs (on the AW model) don't require it.

Personally I think its down to a cost factor, such as the lack of grab handles on the interior.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:54 am
When I enquired about this last year Feb at time of purchase the salesman informed me that my old 6C used xenon tech and therefore required wash/spray system whereas the LEDs (on the AW model) don't require it.

Personally I think its down to a cost factor, such as the lack of grab handles on the interior.
The determining factor on whether or not headlamp washers are fitted depends on the output (In lumens) of the headlamp light source, rather than cost. If If the light source output is no more than 2,000 lumens then headlamp washers aren’t required. If more than 2,000 lumens, headlamp washers should be fitted.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:09 am
OomStu_ZA wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:54 am

The determining factor on whether or not headlamp washers are fitted depends on the output (In lumens) of the headlamp light source, rather than cost. If If the light source output is no more than 2,000 lumens then headlamp washers aren’t required. If more than 2,000 lumens, headlamp washers should be fitted.
Nice one, thanks for the clarification SRGTD.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Really like that engine cover, looks great!
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

Love the Colour….
fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Post by fazzy »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:21 am Hi fran_92

Before I moved to Poland I also thought so :) When I arrived here, after the first winter I realised that you don't want to get caught out during winter without washer fluid. The stuff that gets thrown on the roads to melt the ice and snow together with sludge and mud totally obscures your vision. So a warning that your washer fluid is almost finished is a good thing :)

As far as the headlight washers are concerned it is exactly like SRGTD wrote. Headlight washers have to be installed above the 2000 lumens. So manufacturers keep their headlights on lower ranges below 2000 lumens so that they don't have to install the headlight washing systems on the cars - thus keeping the costs down.
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Post by mjsaville »

Trantor wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:31 pm Welcome to the forum :) Looks really nice in grey!

I took the engine cover to an hydroprinting center. It looks so poor all in black plastic. I thinks that it looks great now

I like this a lot, can I ask how much this cost to be done? Very temped when ours arrive. Is the coating durable? Does it need any coats of lacquerer to protect it?

cheers

MJ
fran_92
New

Post by fran_92 »

albob wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:18 pm Love the Colour….
S_94 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:02 pm Really like that engine cover, looks great!
Thank you!!! :D :D
mjsaville wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:40 pm

I like this a lot, can I ask how much this cost to be done? Very temped when ours arrive. Is the coating durable? Does it need any coats of lacquerer to protect it?

cheers

MJ
This cost here in Spain around 100-120€.

The duration of the ceramic coating is about 2-3 years without any maintenance. It doesn't need any coat of lacquerer. If you want more duration, you can apply a "Reload" product each 2-3 months. This Reload is so easy to apply, just in 15 minutes you have the whole car with the product, and it gives to the car an extra shine that is incredible.