Gti torque

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Jab123
New
Drives: Mk6 gti

Gti torque

Post by Jab123 »

Hi
I’m buy a tdi tuning box but there 2 options for the mk6 polo gti aw both 2.0 but one has 280nm and the other has 320nm, as far as I’m aware the aw gti has 320 anybody know what the other option is
Thanks
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Gti torque

Post by monkeyhanger »

There's definitely.no viable option for 280Nm on the AW Polo GTI. It probably refers to a previous variant such as the 1.8 EA888 or the god awful twin charged 1.4 that came before it.

If you want a tuning box, my advice would be to give TDI Tuning a wide berth.

When my MK7 Golf GTD was 4 months old (Jan 14), I took the plunge and went for a tuning box. TDI Tuning were one of the first available so I went for it.

The box was terrible. The TDI Tuning solution was to crudely overfuel at all stages of throttle input. It would briefly spin the wheels in 3rd at 50mph if you put your foot down, true mpg was down 10% (considering how much little time you are dipping into the extra power overall, on a car that already has 184ps you shouldn't see much change in mpg with a box or remap), and the DPF was in a constant state of regeneration.

I got in touch with TDI Tuning and sent it back for "recalibration". Their solution was to cut the effect of the box by over 50%, making the box pointless, rather than tidying up the power delivery. I sent it back for a refund.

3 months later I gave DTUK a go. They were local(ish) so I went down and tried before I bought. It was like stock on steroids, smooth generation of power but pulled in 6th like stock did in 4th. My DPF regens became half of that at stock and no measurable change in mpg. It was great.

There are a few players out there for the new Polo GTI. My pic would be the Burgersports JB4 but I think for me, they haven't sorted a solution for the few of us out there with a 2018 non-GPF model.
wayne10244
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI +

Post by wayne10244 »

I would not bother as I watched a video with a tuning company comparing different tuning boxes and what power gains they say. The company fitted the boxes and did a dyno test on the rolling road and all of them did not make the power that was supposed to even the company that tested them contacted the manufacturers and some did not want to know. So in the end you better off wait for a remap than a tuning box
ryanponti
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by ryanponti »

wayne10244 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:21 pm I would not bother as I watched a video with a tuning company comparing different tuning boxes and what power gains they say. The company fitted the boxes and did a dyno test on the rolling road and all of them did not make the power that was supposed to even the company that tested them contacted the manufacturers and some did not want to know. So in the end you better off wait for a remap than a tuning box
Was it Darkside developments? If so I saw that video and they are very well known with the diesel tuning scene and compete at TOTB in York with their crazy Arosa. I just wish they had tested the JB4 from burger motorsports as I haven't really seen any negative comments on them.
wayne10244
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI +

Post by wayne10244 »

Yes it was! The only tuning box that I would buy is the one from ABT or you could try SA tuning as they do a remap taking the bhp from 200 to 247 and torque from 320 Nm to 448 Nm